Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what all I am going to do but thought I would start a thread just so you could see what I am doing. Here are some shortly after I brought her home. At this point the only think I did was add the company license plate and the black Duramax emblems on the hood.

My girlfriend did not get the memo about the color ride she needed to be in my drive, LOL. My old ZR2 Blazer project ride is setting there wondering what I just got.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Time to paint that huge gold thing in the front
Going to get it hydro dipped. Hopping to take off the front end of the truck this weekend to put the light bar in the grill and will take it off then. Here is the one on my 2500HD

Attachments

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Chevrolet heaven! Looks great. I keep flip flopping on debadgeing.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I pulled the trailer last night, truck did not even notice it was there. Got around 17mpg which is not real bad.

Btw tore my transmission up in my RC race car so did not get to do much racing, lol.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
rained most of the weekend so I did not get to take the front end off of my truck like I wanted so I did a few other things when the sun came out. Got my pop and lock in. It works good and like it so far but it does make a lot of noice when using it.

I figured since there is going to be a small audio system installed in later on and I was already taking some of it apart I would take a little more apart and throw down some sound dampening.

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
Last night got a little time to replace the speakers and put a little sound deadening in the doors.
How long did it take for you to get all the doors off? I have been putting this off waiting for a long weekend because I was guessing it wouldn't be straight forward.

Any plans on adding an amplifier to your system?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How long did it take for you to get all the doors off? I have been putting this off waiting for a long weekend because I was guessing it wouldn't be straight forward.

Any plans on adding an amplifier to your system?
Took about 2hr total to do both doors maybe. Just remember when sticking the panels back on to take the window seal off the door and put it back on the door before reinstalling the door panels.

Planning on doing the kicker vss system on mine since I did not get the Bose system. I’m old and don’t need big bass anymore just want a little more boom.

·
Registered
317 Posts
everyday just doing a little bit when I have time. Got rid of some the chrome and gold on the inside.

Ugh that looks so much better. I want to do this but I'm afraid to paint inside my truck haha I did the same bag idea for the front and back emblems, it worked decent, but I could have taken a little more time when doing it..

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.