Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Colorado and the brake switch is giving me problems. I replaced it, but the plastic bracket into which the switch is inserted is not holding the switch in place. I cannot find this part from any reliable sources. Short of visiting the salvage yard, which I don't want to do because this is a plastic component and evidently ages, does anybody have a link or source for me on this bracket?

I did search around here, but didn't find an answer, possibly because I don't know what this part is called.

THANKS!

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
I have a 2005 Colorado and the brake switch is giving me problems. I replaced it, but the plastic bracket into which the switch is inserted is not holding the switch in place. I cannot find this part from any reliable sources. Short of visiting the salvage yard, which I don't want to do because this is a plastic component and evidently ages, does anybody have a link or source for me on this bracket?

I did search around here, but didn't find an answer, possibly because I don't know what this part is called.

THANKS!
I doubt that part is available from anywhere but the dealer. I know that the switch is pretty cheesy on how it mounts. I would explore using wire ties to hold it in place tighter against the pedal. It's not like you will make it any cheesier.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I doubt that part is available from anywhere but the dealer. I know that the switch is pretty cheesy on how it mounts. I would explore using wire ties to hold it in place tighter against the pedal. It's not like you will make it any cheesier.
Thanks. That's pretty much what I am doing now. Wish I had the real part, but I guess a truck with 185,000 miles will have a few quirks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts