Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a CEL on my truck. It has less than 10,000 miles on it and it threw a P0451 Code.

I checked the code via HP Tuners and it means Evaporative Emission Control System Pressure Sensor Range/Performance.

I initally had hit my OnStar button before that and they said check your gas cap, well I filled up in gas like three days ago but that wasn't the cause. The gas cap is tight with at least 3 clicks to ensure it was tight. So it's not that, I read only on one Dodge forum that with warmer weather comes expanded fumes in the gas tank that can trigger a CEL with abnormal weather changes. OnStar rep said if you continue to get they CEL's to take it in the dealer. I cleared the code and will be keeping my eye on it. Any insight?

-Mike

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Just do as he says, your still under warrantee, so whatever it is you should be covered.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Curt said:
Just do as he says, your still under warrantee, so whatever it is you should be covered.
I'll have to wait till the code comes back on. I cleared it and really don't have time to actually go to the dealer during the week until next week.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I had a CEL for the same thing, and intermittent FUEL CAP messages, bought a new cap, still have the same probs, and the occasional light.

The guy at the dealer has checked it 4 times now, and he says next time to bring it in and get a "white smoke" test done.

I told him the bed of the truck shakes and vibrates a lot, and he said possible a part of the fuel line has been damaged, but who knows.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well. I know every vehicle has problems...sometimes you have to accept them. I moved from a 4 door Cobalt Sedan to a truck for the purpose of hoping that after 4 years of production the kinks would be worked out and I can drive a reliable GM truck. So far this and one other problem is all I have had but honestly you shouldn't have problems like this ya know?

Kinda regret not buying a full sized pickup but I've always liked these trucks so that's why I got it.

Before I traded in the balt it was a lemon in the making.

It would destroy back tires for some reason, break control arms, the battery light came on often, would get a lean code often and it was a stock car. I drove it for the point of going point a to point b. It was a LTZ model too. I dunno..

The one thing that annoys me about this truck the most is the wipers coming on at random. Very annoying. I'm about ready to pull the fuse unless it rains just so I don't have to put up with it.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I had a very similar code (P0449: EVAP control system vent valve/solenoid circuit) thrown a few months ago and it turned out to be the vent valve solenoid was stuck open causing the vapor pressure in the gas tank to go unregulated. The part was fixed under warranty and I have had no problems since.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts