Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought gm part#23487380 from amazon seller for my 2017 wt to upgrade my fobs to remote start...back when i had my silverado i added foglights and in the box was a piece of paper with numbers and a phone number for dealer to call gm....not sure if gm just ditched the paper but all this had was the fobs in plastic but the plastic does have a label with all kinds of numbers....but no phone number...emailed seller but they are clueless...was wondering if anyone has ordered this for their truck and if this is all they got....thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I think you need the number to program the remote start. Perhaps @hal_armour can advise as I think he installed the remote start on his truck.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
I think you need GM 23487379, with the anti-theft hood latch, to do this.
I believe this kit is a set of spare/replacement remotes for an existing remote start system, and why no activation code.

Reactions: CrashFix

·
Registered
73 Posts
The kit from GM includes a separate sheet of paper containing the Authorization Code needed to install the key fobs into your vehicle. Without that Code, you cannot complete the install.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
According to gm website that is the part number i need my wt came with thedt deterrent already installed so that is the part number that it said to get...but no piece of paper only writing on plastic with a bunch of numbers...anyone know?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had this added to my Sierra years ago. You have to have the dealer activate the remote start in the trucks computer. To do this they have to call gm and give them an activation code that allows them install it on the truck. But yes it should come with an activation code. Dealer charged me $100 to plug it into their computer and program it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just wasnt sure if image i attached is the code...on my old silverado it came with a piece of paper with code...this one even though it is correct part number jas a bunch of numbers printed on plastic bag...trying to figure out if gm just eliminated paper for plastic label

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Just wasnt sure if image i attached is the code...on my old silverado it came with a piece of paper with code...this one even though it is correct part number jas a bunch of numbers printed on plastic bag...trying to figure out if gm just eliminated paper for plastic label

With authorization codes needed mods I've done in the past, some came with slips of paper, and some with stickers affixed to bags or instructions.
I would take everything to your dealer to schedule an appointment, get a $ quote for the programming, and have them verify what you have is enough to get it done, or not, to return it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
With authorization codes needed mods I've done in the past, some came with slips of paper, and some with stickers affixed to bags or instructions.
I would take everything to your dealer to schedule an appointment, get a $ quote for the programming, and have them verify what you have is enough to get it done, or not, to return it.
Good call...was going to do that but still waiting for foglights to come in and then have to install them...was hoping to have dealer flash both at same time...and unfortunately the pics are down in the foglight thread.lol

·
Registered
176 Posts
There was some talk that the 17's will recognize the fog lights once installed properly, without the dealer needed. I've been waiting to see this confirmed. Please let us know what you find out.

Reactions: RatRacer

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
There was some talk that the 17's will recognize the fog lights once installed properly, without the dealer needed. I've been waiting to see this confirmed. Please let us know what you find out.
Curious about this myself. If true, it would be a no-brainer mod for those that don't have them, or utilizing it for other lights.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.