Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a crew cab Canyon with the Bose system. After a few months I changed the front in dash speakers to 3.5" Infinitys for a nice upgrade to the system. Now it's a few months later and I would like to add more power to the system. It sounds pretty good with Pandora at higher volume levels but a little flat when the volume is lower. I think I read someone has done this same progressive upgrade but I cant find it again. Would I need a 4 channel amp to power the 4 door speakers and leave the fronts on the existing Bose amp? Would this require a 4 channel LOC to keep the fader working properly. Maybe a Kicker powered sub later? No trying to do anything real fancy here, but just looking for an economical way to get a little better sound. Thanks

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Look at the AudioControl LC7i, that and a amp for the door speakers and a powered sub would fill the cab with sound. May not need a powered sub depending on the amp you use.

I'm thinking about adding a powered sub to my ext cab but the stock Bose isn't that bad for now.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The source material may be the issue. DIgital broadcasts sound different. Use a USB drive and see if it sounds better with that. IT might tell you something.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
The source material may be the issue. DIgital broadcasts sound different. Use a USB drive and see if it sounds better with that. IT might tell you something.
+10
I hear a big difference between the source. SAT radio sucks, FM is much better. When I was just listening to SAT radio is when I wanted to add a sub, now I'm not so sure. At least it moved down on my to do list.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I added the kicker vss and love it I have the crew cab with bose and to me all the lows sounded like they were coming from the front since the front door speakers are mini subs, and the sound coming from the back sounded empty. Now with the kicker vss the system sounds a lot more full to me and no more lack in the rear end. Expensive all in one unit but I was very surprised by the bass it puts out. I would recommend the kicker vss in a min. I love it and what it did for the stock Bose system.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good information from all. I agree with the source material making a huge difference. I have been looking at the Kicker Hideaway 8" and it may be the same as the VSS mentioned but just not offered at factory setup. I though adding a sub first would drown out the weak mids and highs that I have now. I have to admit at times it does sound really good, just requires turning up the volume to get full sound. I have been looking at the Audio Control LCi7. Thanks

·
Registered
383 Posts
I notice the same thing. Mine sounds great on pandora via android auto, but was mediocre and I got a lot of door rattles with Satellite radio.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts