Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thinking about adding some Bora 1.25" spacers to my 2017 Colorado. From what I have read, if I keep my factory wheels, which I intend to do, I will NOT have to trim the wheel studs because the factory wheels have the indent on the back plane. Stud relief ports. ;)

Can anyone verify this?

This is the 18" factory wheel I an running.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have the 17" midnight wheels and they do have the indent on the back of them and run great with my 1.25" Boras. I'm not sure about your wheels however. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
It's not a 100% surety. The indents are mold pockets, and vary depth from wheel to wheel. I've seen folks have to do light grinder touch ups on studs to get them to seat fully. (tire rotation fun)

·
Super Moderator
4,063 Posts
It's not a 100% surety. The indents are mold pockets, and vary depth from wheel to wheel. I've seen folks have to do light grinder touch ups on studs to get them to seat fully. (tire rotation fun)
This!

·
Registered
404 Posts
I have the same Bora spacers and my All Terrain has the indent on the back of the wheels as well. I put a dab of grease on each stud after to see if any bottomed out on the wheel. I had some that did, so I used grinder to knock down all the tips that the studs have on them, that's all it took and I had plenty of room.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the responses. I guess I could do the 1.5" ones and be safe. 1/4 inch probably won't even be noticeable one way or another. If I get the 1.25" I'll do what Chetter did and check for clearance.

Did you guys mess with an alignment after adding the spacers?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts