Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got in a fight with a gate and lost one evening, scratched my side bumper and quarter panel. I tried touch up paint, but that just makes it look like I put touch up paint, instead of scratches. LOL.

Are body shops willing to just touch up damage areas, if so what do you think it would cost to repaint the areas? Am I looking at the entire quarter panel and bumper redo?

·
Registered
215 Posts
I had a Kia get scratched. Maybe 8 inches. Was about $900. Luckily I wrecked it the day before painting it so pocketed it sort of.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
take it to a couple shops an let us know what they say

·
Registered
2018 GMC Canyon Denali 2.8l diesel
35 Posts
a shop may try and do a blend on that. essentially they will prep the damaged areas on the panel and use a foam masking tape to create a soft edge to paint to, along with special blending solvents to reduce the appearance of a repair. the problem is if you know there was damage there you will be able to pick out the repaired area fairly easily. its best to repair and spray an entire panel for a seamless repair.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
You could try some rubbing compound and buff that out yourself. It may get some of the scratches out. Or a body shop will help you out.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I got in a fight with a gate and lost one evening, scratched my side bumper and quarter panel. I tried touch up paint, but that just makes it look like I put touch up paint, instead of scratches. LOL.

Are body shops willing to just touch up damage areas, if so what do you think it would cost to repaint the areas? Am I looking at the entire quarter panel and bumper redo?

View attachment 405423
A set of oem flares would hide most of it.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Being black here they may be able to easily blend it in and keep reasonable.

Just get some estimates and get it over with vs just us guessing here

·
Registered
2021 Black \/6 4WD Z71 Crew Cab Short Box
389 Posts
Try looking for a black quarter panel?
Same for bumper but I would do an aftermarket

1 - 10 of 10 Posts