Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't find where this has been asked and answered so I have a question for those who have a Blackvue system. I have been thinking about getting a camera for a while and I think I have decided on the Blackvue two channel system. I like the 4K capability of the 900X series but the 750X records 1080 at 60fps. What do you prefer? I can see a benefit of the 4K when viewed on a big TV screen but I also see the benefit of 60fps maybe looking smoother.

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
1080 would also likely have the benefit of smaller file sizes/more hours of storage ability.

I assume this isn't for just having evidence in the case of an accident or a meteor falling from the sky in front of you. For the latter, 4k might be nice! ;-)

·
Registered
2021 Black \/6 4WD Z71 Crew Cab Short Box
2,006 Posts
Frame rate is better for high speed license plate catching.

Reactions: PieceKeepr

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I assume this isn't for just having evidence in the case of an accident or a meteor falling from the sky in front of you. For the latter, 4k might be nice! ;-)
You are correct. I'm thinking as much about offroad use or driving through the mountains, and hopefully never needed to grab a license plate.

Sent from my OnePlus 8 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have the 1080 model. It shows stuff pretty clear, even at night. But beware. The Power magic pro does NOT have a way to quick connect into any of the keyd fuses on the truck. Nothing on the interior matches what it gives you for the piggybacks. Without it, youll experience what i did today. A dead battery thats only a year old.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the 1080 model. It shows stuff pretty clear, even at night. But beware. The Power magic pro does NOT have a way to quick connect into any of the keyd fuses on the truck. Nothing on the interior matches what it gives you for the piggybacks. Without it, youll experience what i did today. A dead battery thats only a year old.
If I get one my plan is to wire it into my sPod Bantam. I have a few empty spots left and that does a good job of isolating the circuits.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Go for the 4K. Much better picture quality. Can really help you in the court room.
I guess my question is how much better is it than the 1080 version? I'm not trying to preserve evidence, but I do want to be able to preserve good scenic video. My concern is that if I'm driving for 30 minutes or so through the woods or on a mountain backroad and want to save that video how quickly is the SD card going to fill up. I'll buy a 256GB card but video files can get very large quickly.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If I get one my plan is to wire it into my sPod Bantam. I have a few empty spots left and that does a good job of isolating the circuits.

Thats a good idea. I dont have anything fancy like that. I just swapped the fuse on my truck now to the port that shuts the 12v ports off after the RAP timer.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I guess my question is how much better is it than the 1080 version? I'm not trying to preserve evidence, but I do want to be able to preserve good scenic video. My concern is that if I'm driving for 30 minutes or so through the woods or on a mountain backroad and want to save that video how quickly is the SD card going to fill up. I'll buy a 256GB card but video files can get very large quickly.

The picture quality is significantly better. On a phone or small computer screen, the difference is kinda small. But on a bigger screen TV, the difference is huge. The video is smoother, and easier on the eyes. Much better detail.

I use a 128gb card, and it holds about 12 hours of video. I do not record audio.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts