Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
They must be new, as I've never seen them before, or been inquired about. Being a reflector light, this makes it a non-starter for most folks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They must be new, as I've never seen them before, or been inquired about. Being a reflector light, this makes it a non-starter for most folks.
What's the disadvantage of reflector style headlights over the OEM projector headlights?

·
Registered
265 Posts
What's the disadvantage of reflector style headlights over the OEM projector headlights?
They don't look as cool, that's literally it. Projectors and reflectors can both be built to control light about the same because at the end of the day, they're both being tested to the same certification standard. As far as I've seen checking out Colorado's, that seems to be the case for our trucks when you're just looking at the OE lights.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
I agree with above, here is a good artilce on the differenence and whther HID or LED are better in reflector and/or projectors, need to read the whole thing

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree with above, here is a good artilce on the differenence and whther HID or LED are better in reflector and/or projectors, need to read the whole thing

I'll check that out. Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Interested to see what you come up with. I have a black colorado as well and have been looking to do the same thing. Bought some blacked out leds for the rear and 3rd brake light, but haven't found anything good for the front yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts