Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
141 - 160 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
aFE Power has a sale going on, already have their exhaust & now ordered the rear differential cover to replace the crap stock/GM one. They have great stuff (IMO)! :D

·
Registered
2020 ZR2 V6 Crew Cab, Summit White
53 Posts
Im going to get the AEV rear diff cover and AEV rear diff slider. I have been thinking about the 589 rear shock relocation kit but I might wait that one out for next year.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just snagged the Diode Dynamics SS3 Fog light kit (pro, selective yellow) from CAK Electronics (I checked with DD to make sure they are a verified seller). 15% off, and no tax or shipping charges!

·
Registered
2019 Colorado CCLB Z71 V6 4WD
583 Posts
Maybe a blower? 🙃

Reactions: z28&zr2

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Redid my monitor setup for my home office. Dang you, Black Friday!

Dual display is the old setup, single display is the new.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
583 Posts
Redid my monitor setup for my home office. Dang you, Black Friday!

Dual display is the old setup, single display is the new.

How do you like the curved monitor? I had one at work for a short while and while nice it was unusable only because our system at that time didn't scale to it well. I was thinking about one for home.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
How do you like the curved monitor? I had one at work for a short while and while nice it was unusable only because our system at that time didn't scale to it well. I was thinking about one for home.
I haven't had any issues, curious what problems you had since the curve doesn't affect resolution and only viewing angle. I actually haven't had a flat display for my desk for a number of years now. My previous setup had curved displays ([email protected] on the left, [email protected] on the right), the new setup is actually a little narrower but overall better ([email protected] with the new display vs 6000x1440 combined with the old) because of the higher refresh rate and no bezel in the middle.

The really cool part is that I can turn on picture-by-picture mode and use it as two 2560x1440 displays, so I can have my work laptop on the right half and my personal PC on the left half. That combined with the Synergy app means I can move my mouse between both machines and use one mouse and keyboard for both.

Reactions: Tom S.

·
Registered
2017 Colorado ZR2
317 Posts
I haven't had any issues, curious what problems you had since the curve doesn't affect resolution and only viewing angle. I actually haven't had a flat display for my desk for a number of years now.
I have an auxiliary curved monitor for my laptop at work and that is my biggest issue with the viewing angle. Drawing straight/parallel/etc lines if I'm not looking at a proper angle they appear skewed/curved/crooked.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
I have an auxiliary curved monitor for my laptop at work and that is my biggest issue with the viewing angle. Drawing straight/parallel/etc lines if I'm not looking at a proper angle they appear skewed/curved/crooked.
Ah, I gotcha. Yeah, certain tasks/jobs definitely have certain requirements which can be a blessing and a curse, especially if you want one for multiple uses.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I haven't had any issues, curious what problems you had since the curve doesn't affect resolution and only viewing angle. I actually haven't had a flat display for my desk for a number of years now. My previous setup had curved displays ([email protected] on the left, [email protected] on the right), the new setup is actually a little narrower but overall better ([email protected] with the new display vs 6000x1440 combined with the old) because of the higher refresh rate and no bezel in the middle.

The really cool part is that I can turn on picture-by-picture mode and use it as two 2560x1440 displays, so I can have my work laptop on the right half and my personal PC on the left half. That combined with the Synergy app means I can move my mouse between both machines and use one mouse and keyboard for both.
Had one at my prior internship for GIS and mapping. I think our software was the problem as it just was old as is most tech in that realm. It simply scaled weird and made following things odd. My current job has an older SCADA system that with a refresh I think would work well with a curved display giving a better view of the distribution system but... it would need an update to take advantage of the real-estate imo. Right now we have 24s and you have to cycle Fkeys to see different aspects of the system. A single large screen and update would allow a more complete overview without taking eyes off other systems.

The only thing I really am concerned about is eye fatigue. Mine hurt looking at a screen 12 hours a day as it is. A larger one may be worse or better depending. Because of that I've tended to have smaller monitors.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Short Box LT
378 Posts
For Black Friday (are we allowed to call it that without offending a snowflake somewhere:rolleyes:?) I am taking my truck in for an oil change and having the rear differential fluid changed.

Other than that I bought my 11 year old dog a blood test and bout myself some winter socks.

Reactions: Goodspike

·
Registered
2018 Kinetic Blue Ex-Cab ZR2 V6
1,939 Posts
Add to my list:

• Samsung Galaxy S7 FE tablet (for better movie time in the GFC)
  • APEC Reverse Osmosis water system (Vegas tap water isn't the greatest and will go great with the new sink I have waiting)
  • BlendJet blender (battery powered blender for off-grid smoothies 😂)

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
Not really a Black Friday thing--because it went on sale earlier, but I bought a second Champion 2500 watt generator, but this one is dual fuel--$506). I already had the device to pair the generators, but also having the second one dual fuel will eliminate the need to bring gasoline when I don't expect to need power but take a generator just in case I don't have power. It also won't require that I start two generators monthly since I won't ever put gasoline in it.

·
Registered
2020 ZR2 V6 Crew Cab, Summit White
53 Posts
Reactions: BrianM83
141 - 160 of 163 Posts