Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
121 - 140 of 163 Posts

Registered
2019 Z71 Diesel
Looking to see if a price drop occurs on Black Friday for this.
Tyger Auto TG-AM2C20178 running boards.

Well I couldn't find the running boards on any Black Friday deals. I did get a great price on Quick Jack 7,000lb jack from Home Depot. $350 savings from regular price and free shipping.

Looking to see if a price drop occurs on Black Friday for this.
Tyger Auto TG-AM2C20178 running boards.

Registered
Will do. I already put one in our van and it was easy-peasy. I didn't hardwire the power, so it runs off the 12V socket it the dash (the little bungees hold the homebrew cup holder down, not the radio). In the truck I plan to drill the shell (it's aluminum) and put the antenna up there. Mrs. would've been mad if I was drilling holes in the van roof.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
Will do. I already put one in our van and it was easy-peasy. I didn't hardwire the power, so it runs off the 12V socket it the dash (the little bungees hold the homebrew cup holder down, not the radio). In the truck I plan to drill the shell (it's aluminum) and put the antenna up there. Mrs. would've been mad if I was drilling holes in the van roof.

View attachment 400046

View attachment 400047
I plan to probably use a ditch mount bracket or another bracket that will clear the hood, I've seen a few options that look easy enough to make. It will be a bit before I can even find the time to install the radio once it shows but hopefully I can sneak out for some tinker time at some point... but definitely let me (us all) know how it goes and what you do with the truck.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Registered
Having recently bought new smartphones for the wife and myself, and a new computer for her, and having one more video streaming product than we need, I'm not really in the market for anything. But the spam this time of year as well as some of the tech websites focusing heavily on deals is getting annoying. I think I get three emails every day just from Costco. On the bright side it only lasts a few weeks.

Registered
Didn't end up pulling the trigger on the Midland, not enough plans to wheel in the immediate future, but it's still on the "eventually" list. Instead got a good deal on a bunch of silpoly ripstop to finish up a homemade rooftop tent I've been slowly building and designing, in that order lol.

Reactions: overpakd

Registered
Discussion Starter · #131 ·

View attachment 400046

View attachment 400047
Did you get it installed on your truck?

Registered
Did you get it installed on your truck?

Haven't installed the antenna yet. The radio is velcro'd under the passenger front, with a mic extension cord running up to the front console. I'll take pics when I get the antenna done. In the van I will probably move the radio body to under the front passenger seat too, and bolt it to the inside of the seat base when I install the HAM.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
Haven't installed the antenna yet. The radio is velcro'd under the passenger front, with a mic extension cord running up to the front console. I'll take pics when I get the antenna done. In the van I will probably move the radio body to under the front passenger seat too, and bolt it to the inside of the seat base when I install the HAM.
I got ditch light brackets for the truck. Was thinking to do the same as you did on the van. That location works well enough for you on the van?

Registered
I got ditch light brackets for the truck. Was thinking to do the same as you did on the van. That location works well enough for you on the van?

The NMO ditch bracket attachments seem to work fine. Probably not the ideal spot for efficient transmission, but they are convenient.

Registered
AlphaEquipt wheels are half price.

Premium Member
2018 Colorado CCLB Z71 3.6 LGZ
121 - 140 of 163 Posts