Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I noticed from looking through all kind of threads the last couple of days that some people have black "COLORADO" badges on the side of their truck. Are these something you can buy somewhere and de-badge/replace the old badge or are they just plasti-dipping the current badges? Really like the look of that and want to add that to my truck but was unsure of how most were doing it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Black Plastidip. Very easy to work with. Lots of videos on YouTube show you how to use it to blacken your letters, and just about anything else you want to change.
Excellent, thanks for the tip. Probably going to be plasti dipping every single piece of chrome I can find this weekend. No idea why they thought chrome fog lights was a good idea on the z71.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I dipped all the badges. The lettering is very easy. Just tape off about 6 inches from the lettering all the way around and then spray several coats all over it. When you peel the tape away and grab the dip, it comes right off around the letters. A tooth pick helps to assist if it starts to peel off letter or tight spaces between.

Black badges looks sooo much better

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just a couple hours outside with a couple cans of plastidip, some masking, and more than a couple cans of your beverage of choice. I've done my badges in red to match my yak, bows in black, and the all the chrome on the grille and foglights in black. barely takes any time and is very easy. plan to black out the wheels eventually too. looks great and as others have said, the stuff peels right off if you don't like it or get some over spray on the body but holds up to the elements.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Here's my fog light bezel after Plastidip. Looks so much better! The resulting texture looks exactly like the black plastic in the well.
This is off-topic, but I noticed your license plate frame. I got my 2017 black diesel LT from Jupiter chevrolet. Well I got a 2017 z71 diesel first, then had to go through hell with them and GM to get swapped to a new 2017 diesel LT after the z71 was in the shop for 2 months out of the first 6 I had it. How was your experience with them?

Small world!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.