Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found black Canyon emblems for the 2nd gens? I know the Colorado’s have the option to get OEM black emblems but I have not been able to find a set for the Canyon’s yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
183 Posts
Has anyone found black Canyon emblems for the 2nd gens? I know the Colorado’s have the option to get OEM black emblems but I have not been able to find a set for the Canyon’s yet.

I don’t know if there are black Canyon emblems but there’s plenty of black Plastidip on the shelf at your local auto parts. I used it on my bow tie and it’s, cheap, looks good, easy to apply and has been on over a year with no issues. Later if you don’t like it, you can peal it off. You may want to consider it as an option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don’t know if there are black Canyon emblems but there’s plenty of black Plastidip on the shelf at your local auto parts. I used it on my bow tie and it’s, cheap, looks good, easy to apply and has been on over a year with no issues. Later if you don’t like it, you can peal it off. You may want to consider it as an option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah I am leaving plastidip as a fall back but I would rather have actual black emblems if they are available as an option.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Here are some nose and tailgate emblems.

I thought GM also offered some black emblems too now including the Canyon.

I would stay away from plasti dip. I’d needed just get the letters powder coated for much better results.
I never understood the plastic dip on a new truck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am not a fan of plastidip and could not find full Canyon emblem overlays in black. I did find some overlays that blacked out the face of the letters but left the sides chrome. Not exactly what I wanted but I figured the chrome outline matched the chrome outline of the GMC logo, so I went with the black letter face overlays.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
View attachment 386076 I am not a fan of plastidip and could not find full Canyon emblem overlays in black. I did find some overlays that blacked out the face of the letters but left the sides chrome. Not exactly what I wanted but I figured the chrome outline matched the chrome outline of the GMC logo, so I went with the black letter face overlays.
Where did you find them?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I guess I shoulda posted where I found 'em... I got mine from tvdvinyldecals.com. FYI they also come in 28 different colors, including matte and gloss black. I got matte black.I'd still like to have full black emblem covers like they make for the tacos, because my truck is red and fully black emblems would look best IMHO.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Have a look at this thread I posted a while ago.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
View attachment 386076 I am not a fan of plastidip and could not find full Canyon emblem overlays in black. I did find some overlays that blacked out the face of the letters but left the sides chrome. Not exactly what I wanted but I figured the chrome outline matched the chrome outline of the GMC logo, so I went with the black letter face overlays.
That looks great!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts