Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed the Bilstein 5100 leveling shocks onto a 2wd yet? I just keep seeing that they are the same as the 4wd but have not seen a definitive answer on install

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Has anyone installed the Bilstein 5100 leveling shocks onto a 2wd yet? I just keep seeing that they are the same as the 4wd but have not seen a definitive answer on install

I don't think you could go wrong with Bilsteins and a set of 5100's would work great on your truck.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Shocks are the same between 2wd and 4wd so there shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Along the same thought. I read somewhere installing the Bilstein 5100s voids some sort of warranty. Someone please tell me this is “Fake News” and I’m gullible. Go ahead! I can take it.

Gusto

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Along the same thought. I read somewhere installing the Bilstein 5100s voids some sort of warranty. Someone please tell me this is “Fake News” and I’m gullible. Go ahead! I can take it.

Gusto
Sure, it voids your shock warranty. Maybe your ball joints too. But that is about it.

Reactions: MaineMan

·
Registered
691 Posts
There was already a thread that I made on this. Bilstein would never tell me if they would fit or not. I called them and they recommended against it. I don't know why but they did. I am sure others have done it, and they are my favorite shock, but I went with the Eibachs and they fit perfect and ride AWESOME.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Smaller lifts usually up to 2 1/2 or 3" depending on the truck are the exact same for 2wd and 4wd. Also with the warranty, shocks/ coilovers by themselves cannot void your warranty per the Magnuson V. Moss Act. If you are ever afraid of any aftermarket part voiding your warranty, just read the MvM Act. In a nut shell, it states that car manufactures/dealers cannot deny warranty claims due to an aftermarket part UNLESS they can prove that the part itself is the reason for whatever failure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.