Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry if this has been discussed before but I couldn't find it in a search.

I currently have a 2" RC leveling kit on the truck and I like the stance but need more rear clearance so I'll be adding 1" blocks to the rear. I will be replacing the RC kit with Bilstein 5100s and I'm concerned the front will drop too much (reports show that the 2" Bilstein lift is actually less once settled) and bring back too much rake. Would it be possible to add one part of the RC leveling kit (or another kit) to the 5100s to add 1/2" to the total lift to achieve somewhere between 2"-2.5" total front lift without causing issues?

Here is how the truck currently sits with just the 2" RC kit and 265/70/17 Duratracs.

Reactions: rynoman03

·
Registered
2019 GMC Canyon All Terrain
2,022 Posts
Don't stack leveling kits. You won't like the resulting ride. Truck will ride like a panzer tank.

Someone did this on a full size truck and they regretted it. Similar results will happen on a twin. You are basically limiting the travel of the shock so much, making it essentially a solid strut connected to the LCA.

·
Super Moderator
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone!

I figured as much but thought I would ask. :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Looks good. I'm curious in the Billie setup myself now.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.