Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I'm an S10 Xtreme owner now, looking at a plain Z85 Colorado to replace it. I use my truck to take my bike to the race track so I need to be able to run with a 400 pound bike and say, another 100 pounds of gear in the box. But I also NEED it to be dropped with rims so it looks tasty like my Xtreme does... so:

1. Can I pack my target payload with a 3/4 drop? Or do I need to back up to 2/3?
2. If I drop with control arms and blocks my spring rates and therefore ride quality should remain as stock. Yes? or if no, then why?
3. If I 2/3 then can I run 20's without rubbing?
4. If I 3/4 then can I run 18's without rubbing?

Also, I realize this is the suspension forum, but are there any hideous problems I should be aware of before I decide to buy a Colorado?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
510 Posts
it all depends on your rim tire combo. if you run 20's you will prob run into problems on the 3/4. some other members will probably be able to tell you better

·
Registered
81 Posts
im running a 3/4 w/ 20s and can fit my bike in no prob. your going to bottom out on the frame like no other.

currently i have no problems, but that only because i have a narrowed rear end and am notched. so my tire just kinda tucks into the wells. before the notch and work on the rear end, i had to ride bump stops so i wouldnt slap my frame.

later on, if you end up notching your frame, make sure the offset of your rims clears the bed sides because your tires will get eated up pretty quick.... trust me that sucks.

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
Use bags on it.

Then you'll have the capacity to compensate for the added load of the bike and gear in the bed when its there, and be able to ride as low as you want when it isn't.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts