Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I recently upgraded my truck's tires to 285/70r17 on stock rims. Looks great with the significant leveling.

Based on other threads, it doesn't seem that a spare 285/70r17 will fit where the current spare is (good year wrangler). I don't like the look of the current spare underneath the truck...but if there was some way to get a narrower truck of a big diameter down there, that'd be ideal...but seems like may be asking too much.

Couple questions for you guys:

1) Does anyone have any suggestions for where to put a 5th tire on the truck? Any pictures of your setup would be appreciated. I'd like to stay away from using the bed if possible....due to limited space already in short box.

2) Is it a terrible idea to keep the stock spare down there and use it in an emergency? Would it ruin the truck to drive on an uneven fourth tire on any short distance? Sometimes I find myself pretty deep in the mountains off-roading...so doesn't seem like the best option!

3) Does anyone know the BIGGEST size tire that could possibly fit in the stock location?

Thanks for your time, I greatly appreciate it! Just got my truck few weeks ago and I love it :)

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Based on other threads, it doesn't seem that a spare 285/70r17 will fit where the current spare is (good year wrangler).
How do you have a 17" spare rim? or did you buy an aftermarket rim?

As for the other questions......there are tons of threads last month alone that hit on these with pics.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do you have a 17" spare rim? or did you buy an aftermarket rim?

As for the other questions......there are tons of threads last month alone that hit on these with pics.
I don't have a spare 17...i have the stock one that has the 16 I believe

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Dude, just get under your truck and measure the distance between your spare and the heat shield(if you have one).
If you don't have one, measure to the nearest obstacle.
It's a pretty simple question to answer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
yokev
Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
ColoradoFans.com is the best forum for the Chevy Colorado community to discuss the truck’s reliability, diesel or transmissions problems and more.
Full Forum Listing