Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my colorado in June . Still want to know results of 31 inch tires on 4whl z85. I know the tires will most likely fit , but will it effect my
speedometer and my warranty. Who has put bigger tires on 4whl z85,
has your dealer discouraged the idea. Send so pics .... matty

·
Registered
300 Posts
I got the sme set up your lookin at.

I did the math, and my speedometer reflects my math.... you go about 11% faster than your speedometer reads.

I cant comment on the warranty issue, I just plan on changing my tires if/when I bring it in for work.

Got pics in my gallery, check the link in my sig. Those are 31's.

·
Premium Member
15,978 Posts
The dealership should be able to flash your PCM to accomodate the bigger tires since they do have a version of the truck w/ those tires on it.

Warranty is gonna be tricky. If you put tires that are of a size that did not come on the truck, then your warranty could be void concerning suspension components and the ABS system. This would be due to the weight difference between stock, and aftermarket tires/wheels. It wouldn't affect any other part of the vehicle unless GM could show that the bigger tires were responsible for the part failure.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
carbuster said:
Wow, I think you're the first person to think of this.
marty made a funny.

:rofl

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
th2855
Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
ColoradoFans.com is the best forum for the Chevy Colorado community to discuss the truck’s reliability, diesel or transmissions problems and more.
Full Forum Listing