Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are your rados holding up with 20+ wheel sizes and stock brakes?
Just trying to determine if I should buy 20's or just 18's. I'm planning only a mild 2/3 drop and I've seen great rides with both on this site!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Upgrade the brakes if you think it will be a problem
a company has a kit for new front discs and a set of
rear discs, but i think they run around 3K each.
I dont see it being a problem, i would upgrade my brakes,
but i only plan on having 20's in the warm months
and putting on my stock 15's with bfgs in winter,
the brake kit requires 18s minimum for the front
and 17s minimum for the rear

·
Registered
120 Posts
I haven't had any problems yet

·
Registered
450 Posts
I'm also concerned with this... I'm about to throw on my 22's in the spring, but I wasn't sure about brakes and those SSBC's are kinda outta my range as far as price, any other suggestions?!?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Depends on the tires you have on those 20's... the leverage the road has against your brakes is determined by your rolling radius. If the rolling diameter of your wheel/tire package is the same or less than the stock ones then you should have no reduction in brake performance.

·
Premium Member
16,808 Posts
overdraft said:
Depends on the tires you have on those 20's... the leverage the road has against your brakes is determined by your rolling radius. If the rolling diameter of your wheel/tire package is the same or less than the stock ones then you should have no reduction in brake performance.
X2

I've had my 20s for 2.5 years and have not had any problems stopping. I also work out of my truck and have over 600 lbs of gear in the bed.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
i too have had 20's for a LONG time and had no problems... however this past year i did upgrade to drilled and slotted rotors which seems to help only slightly from very high speeds slowing down.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys! From what I've seen rado's can handle 20"s so I bought a set yesterday. I'm posting another question on tire size see if you can lend a hand on that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts