Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just have a question in regards to the KO2 on the 2017 Colorado z71. I've been reading some contradicting information in regards to whether these will work on a truck without the 2" lift? I have the stock rims with the stock wranglers (not duratracs), and no lift on the truck. Is there a size of these tires that will fit with no rubbing? Or do I need to look elsewhere? I'm pretty new to this and am not familiar to how tire sizing works.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Personally, I’d wait until your Wranglers wear out. I like mine way better than my BFG ATs I’ve run in the past. I’ve had some pretty lousy luck with them. I actually like my OEM Wranglers on my 2017 All Terrain.

As long as they are available in the stock size, they will fit. I just don’t see the point unless you are going up in tire size or load rating.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I love my BFG KO's. I have ran them multiple times on my big Duramax and will be installing them on my Z71 when these Wranglers wear out. I am at 20k now so I have a while.

·
Registered
9,037 Posts
Hopefully you do not have your heart set on the KO's as there are a lot of tires just as good for a whole lot less money out there,

plus looking on the BFG website they do not make the KO2 in the stock size fondupot posted

On previous trucks (all mid-size) I have had good luck with
Firestone AT's
Hankook Dynapro's
Dick Cepek Trail Country, like the Fun Country's but expensive
Yokohama AT's
last set on my last Canyon had Cooper Discover AT3's good tire but was not impressed like the Firestone AT's that I had on it before.

·
Registered
748 Posts
The closest two KO2 sizes I can find were 255/75/17 and 265/65/17.

The 265's are barely 3/8" bigger than stock. Im 90% sure they will fit with no issues.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the responses, I do not necessarily have my heart set on the BFG's but I have only really heard good about them up till now. The only offroad terrain the truck will really hit is Ice and Snow. I live in Winnipeg and we get a lot of Ice and snow, and people around me keep suggesting the BFG for an all year round tire. I will look into the others listed as well.

Thanks for the replies

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Thanks for all the responses, I do not necessarily have my heart set on the BFG's but I have only really heard good about them up till now. The only offroad terrain the truck will really hit is Ice and Snow. I live in Winnipeg and we get a lot of Ice and snow, and people around me keep suggesting the BFG for an all year round tire. I will look into the others listed as well.

Thanks for the replies

Take a look at the Falken Wildpeak AT3W. I've read nothing but good about these tires and they are reasonably priced. I bought a set for my 18, looking forward to trying them out. IMHO, the BFG's are way overpriced considering there are other good tires that you don't have to rob a bank to buy...

Reactions: DRDANO

·
Registered
618 Posts
KO2's are severe snow rated - not many A/T tires are, so with your main use I would check that before you decide.
I have used these in the snow and they have fantastic grip. I plan to run them on my truck starting this winter with a 2" Bilstein front lift.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
KO2's are severe snow rated - not many A/T tires are,
There is pretty good selection of winter rated ATs. Off the top of my head, you may choose from:

Yokohama Geolander A/T G015
Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac
Cooper A/TW and X/T4
Falken Wildpeak A/T3W
General Grabber A/T2
Kumho Road Ventrue AT51

·
Registered
206 Posts
I also plan on changing my stock 18 inch Wranglers for K02's. I had them on my last truck (Ranger) and they were very impressive when I plowed. I would push further and never once got stuck. Stock tires are nowhere close in comparison. I had them on my truck for 3 years before I sold it to buy my Canyon and they barely looked worn.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey all, so I think I have decided on the Falken Wildpeak AT3W tires. Just wondering if anyone has used the 265/65r17 on stock truck with no lift? Or should I stick with the 255's?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I know the 255/55 R17s came on the Z71 and Trailboss Editions so they'd fit. If you want a 31" tire go with a 265 65r17 and 1½ lift and if you want 32" tires go with 265 70r17 with a 2" lift which is what I'm running.

·
Registered
70 Posts
265/65 came on the stock trailboss trucks so it should fit no issues.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
I know the 255/55 R17s came on the Z71 and Trailboss Editions so they'd fit. If you want a 31" tire go with a 265 65r17 and 1½ lift and if you want 32" tires go with 265 70r17 with a 2" lift which is what I'm running.
Well these two things don't add up at all. Which one of you is correct?

2015 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 Trail Boss Gets New Tires

This would seem to indicate boombots is correct. Anyone have first hand knowledge?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Well these two things don't add up at all. Which one of you is correct?

2015 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 Trail Boss Gets New Tires

This would seem to indicate boombots is correct. Anyone have first hand knowledge?
255/65/17 comes stock on the z71 and all terrain Canyon. 265/65/17 will fit with no lift/spacer/mods. These are the size for the DuraTracs that you can get as a dealer installed option.

Reactions: esseye
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.