Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
81 - 88 of 88 Posts

· Premium Member
347 Posts
Yea I'd like to see an AT4 vs a ZR2. Maybe it wouldn't be a drastic lead, but getting the HO tune in the not so aggressively lifted trucks should prove to be a nice feature.

Regardless, it's still going to sound like a civic. So I won't be flooring it to show off anything lol.

I want to see how it handles Montana 2 lane highways through the mountains. Truly all I care about.

Hopefully, eventually tunes will showcase both the efficiency and power of it. Stock tunes are always, well, meh... but I'm hoping I won't need it this go around. The Tacoma absolutely needed it, even bone stock.

I just want some damn MPG numbers already.

· Registered
723 Posts
I think if anything is going to hurt MPG's, it's the lift/tires etc etc. Less aero and all that. I also don't expect much of a difference though, considering that GMC is using it for all their Canyons.
It will hurt MPG's and performance.

I believe the gear ratios are the same Gen2 to Gen3, the added torque overcomes this but the Gen3's running 32's and 33's is significantly different than what the 30.6 a Gen2 came out of the box with.

My guess is this was not a coincidence. How do you perform well while run a bigger tire, without MPG robbing gear reduction? Increase torque.

· Registered
2021 GMC Canyon 3.6L V6 crew cab, short bed
222 Posts
2023 looks like 31" 32", and 33" stock tire options. Compared to what Gen 2 stock wheel heights? My 2021 Canyon came with 265/60/18 Goodyear Wrangler tires which are 30.5" tall so what was the shortest and tallest tire height of a stock Gen 2? Not sure but I would guess what at least a 17" rim with 30" tall tires and a 20" rim with 32" tall tires were a stock option on some of the Gen 2's? Maybe on the ZR2s or Z71s?

81 - 88 of 88 Posts