Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at the SCCA rules, I can change shocks (but not springs) and stay in the "stock" class for autocross, but lowering or any other supsension geometry changes are a no-no.

I have seen a few diff shocks online, but was wondering if anyone had opinions or experiences with non-lowered trucks. Everybody with a ZQ8 wants it lower except me 8)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kenadak1 said:
Some people think that it is a bad idea to auto cross the rado's, Something to do with oil starvation, I dunno, we will just have to wait for others to chime in.
Yes, Ive heard...I plan on installing an oil pressure gauge, and I'm working on getting baffles put into a oil pan, as no aftermarket pan co makes one for our trucks (at least not that I can find)

Ive been a motorcycle mechanic for 14 years now, so I kinda know how these motor things work :twisted:

And, the ZQ8 (even pushing crappy stock front tires around) is just too good to not autocross it. My 1st meet I got 3rd in class, beaten only by some friggin mini coopers :evil:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yeah some how these motors are finally coming around to the technology that the motorcycle engines have, the changes every yeah baffle me sometime. It seems that they just make more power and rev higher. Something I wish our trucks did.

You should just call belltech, and see what they have, the rear should be easy. The front on the other hand, could be tricky. Maybe get coilovers and set them to stock length???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts