Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Looking for a few ideas to mount my pistol in my 2015 Colorado. Im a cwp holder. Any pics of what you have would be great!
Thanks!

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
lock box mounted on the inside of console on drivers side is whre I see most of them consealed

Reactions: Opusnbill7

·
Registered
763 Posts
I have mine in a Stoker Car Holster on the driver's side of the transmission hump:

photo upload

photo upload

It fits the requirements of my state, remains out of sight of prying eyes and still allows me a relatively fast presentation. Plus the velcro attachment allows me to remove the holstered weapon entirely without it being observed by anyone. Dropping the truck off for service for example. I can transition from vehicle carry to backpack carry quickly and covertly.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Best place for a gun... a holster on you.

I’m the type of person that sees a gun off your person, it should be secured. Not only can it get into the wrong hands, it can be used against you. But I understand you necessarily can’t carry on your permit everywhere... post office, for example.

My vote is the console vault. Not only store a handgun, but also valuables. I am Federal L/E, and that is one of the first mods once I pick up my Colorado.

·
Registered
93 Posts
As a Canadian I find this topic quite funny. Almost nobody in Canada is allowed to conceal carry except the police. Yes there are shootings once in a blue moon but compared to other things it’s almost unheard of for people to get shot or feel the need to carry guns on them or their cars. I’d be worried about road rage. I guess it’s just different in America. I’m not trying to say it’s wrong it just seems a bit crazy to me. Wild Wild West I guess! BTW I’m not an anti gun person or anything and I do shoot for sport. Also we have much tougher laws. For example magazine size is much more limited as are fully automatic weapons.

·
Registered
603 Posts
As a Canadian I find this topic quite funny. Almost nobody in Canada is allowed to conceal carry except the police. Yes there are shootings once in a blue moon but compared to other things it’s almost unheard of for people to get shot or feel the need to carry guns on them or their cars. I’d be worried about road rage. I guess it’s just different in America. I’m not trying to say it’s wrong it just seems a bit crazy to me. Wild Wild West I guess! BTW I’m not an anti gun person or anything and I do shoot for sport. Also we have much tougher laws. For example magazine size is much more limited as are fully automatic weapons.
For what it's worth, statistically, it's far more likely they'll put it in their own mouth than ever shoot someone else. (legal firearm owners in particular, of course)

but not me, I don't have mental problems -basically all of the suicides back when they bought their guns.

·
Premium Member
3,046 Posts
Console Valult.
I came out of a Target after turning in some recyclables so I wasn't but a few minutes.
I walked up on a man rifling trough my truck, a Ranger Super cab at the time.
He targeted me because he knew Rangers were easy to break into and he knew all the places to stash stuff (I know because he went trough everything). Also because I had the habit of parking on the outer edges of the lots with fewer cars.
I arrived just in time to fight over my truck gun, a SUB2000 in a brief case. He got a face full of pepper spray, and if the SUB came into play, he wouldn't be walking this earth any more. Its strange how I had a funny feeling to go out that prepared that night.

My lessons learned:
If you have to leave a FA in a vehicle, lock it up.
Don't leave anything in a vehicle you don't want stolen.
Don't leave anything in a vehicle with the names of you or loved ones, or home address.
Don't be the lone wolf. Park in a high visibility, high traffic area. Just deal with the door dings.
Have eyes on your vehicle the instant you exit a building; scan for threats so you don't walk up on burglary in progress by surprise or become a victim of a car jacking.
Have legal, non-lethal options available before resorting to lethal force.
Don't leave **** in your car at Target.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I have been using a Hornady Rapid Vehicle Safe for the past year. In my state a fire arm must be on your person if you have a permit or locked up. This keeps me legal, keeps my gun safe and is only a few seconds away. I just leave it in the safe 24/7, it could be stolen by a determine thief that brought the right tools.

Reactions: DieselDrax

·
Registered
335 Posts
And if I wish to visit Canada, I'll just look inside my freezer. ?

Reactions: PieceKeepr

·
Registered
35 Posts
I got the Gum Creek holster which mounts below the steering column. It is a perfect location and it's a great product.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
When my handgun isn't in a holster on my body it's locked in a gun vault somewhere in the truck out of sight. Having an unsecured firearm in your vehicle, even if you're in the vehicle with it, just isn't secure and if visible is likely to escalate any situation where tensions are high.

Would also be great if the anti-gun/"gun owners are mentally ill" people could stop trolling gun threads. Thanks.

·
Registered
724 Posts
And if I wish to visit Canada, I'll just look inside my freezer. ?
It was 91F not too long ago where I am. That's not counting humidity either.

Reactions: mpack

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I got the Gum Creek holster which mounts below the steering column. It is a perfect location and it's a great product.
As much as I would like to use the same setup it is illegal here in Orygun, even with my conceal carry permit. At least with the gun vault it's out of sight and I can have my hand on it in 5 seconds or so.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I live in Texas which is the wild west at times. It actually seems safe here because guns seem to be everywhere and you just assume people are armed. People are generally very polite, possibly because of this. Correlation does not equal causality and all that. I have been considering retiring to Hawaii. I was researching their gun laws and they are pretty strict - basically you 'can' be issued a concealed carry permit (to meet federal law), but the police turn down all applications, so almost no one has a permit. One must register all handguns when you move to the state, magazine size is limited, etc. Interestingly, Hawaii has one of the lowest murder rates of all US states. Again, correlation does not equal causality, but it is something to think about. It could be that the pakalolo is keeping everyone mellow...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Opinion: My brother was stationed on Oahu for 8 years (Vietnam Vet). After about 6 years he started getting 'Rock Fever'. The Islands are small and shrink over time. Ungodly expensive too. Move to Eastland Texas instead. Great food, small town atmosphere, and great people. The first year tax savings will be more than a 2 week vacation on Maui.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts