Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the bench seats with no console and was wondering if anyone could give me and estimate how much it would be to swap for buckets by ordering parts from gm. i am looking at salvage parts but would like to use new or close to new as possible thanx

·
Registered
243 Posts
I considered the seat swap with OEM new parts. Unfortunately, as I recall, this meant that I would need to have ordered all the pieces separately. I don't think GM sells the seats as a whole units. You could go to any online GM parts dealer and find the parts and keep a running total, but I think that will be WAY too much!

http://www.chevyparts.net/partscat.html (search under GMC Canyon - for some reason Colorado wasn't available??)

I'm doing what you're doing ... waiting for the seats from a salvaged vehicle. However, if the seat covers are kind of worn, then the "item-by-item" approach with new replacements doesn't look so costly.

·
Registered
80 Posts
you need to remove the air bag sensor from the bench seat and install it in the bucket seat . The bucket seat won't have the pressure sensor for a child car seat my 08 bech seat does . Most vehicles with buckets reqiure the child to be in the rear seat.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Seems like someone on here said you just have to replace the drivers seat, the pass is already a bucket seat

·
Registered
80 Posts
stocklook said:
Seems like someone on here said you just have to replace the drivers seat, the pass is already a bucket seat
it is, but if you find a set used it they will mostly be from a xcab or crewcab.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Check out Schram Auto Parts on Ebay. I bought a set of Pontiac G5 seats that I am installing in my Canyon from them. The auction listing said it was for the bucket seats only and they ended up giving me both the front buckets and the rear bench seat for just $150.00. They are great people to deal with. If they dont have the seats on Ebay you can call or email them with what you need and they can probably get you whatever you need.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
ls1blazer said:
stocklook said:
it is, but if you find a set used it they will mostly be from a xcab or crewcab.
You would want the Crew Cab one it will recline all the way back if needed

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also looking to change from bucket to bench for the extra seat. Does anyone know where i should look to start?

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Make a post in the for sale section and say you want to trade your buckets for a bench...I'm sure someone will take you up on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts