Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered the Belltech 2" drop coils and 3" drop leafs. Buddy's bringing the spring compressor over... How long is this likely to take? I want to leave myself enough time to get it done before I have to use the truck!!! Also, will I need to get a front wheel alignment? And can I run with the stock (Z85) shocks (not talking ride quality here, just range of motion).

Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Did mine in 2 hours minus the alignment. I was working alone too, so you shouldn't take longer than that providing you have the right tools.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
seriously? for both ends? sweet! now i've got time to do some other stuff as well! i'm assuming the 'right tools' means jack stands, a big ass rolling jack, torque wrench, sockets, coil spring compressor and a big effing hammer just in case... will i need anything else?

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I did work alone, but was my 2nd drop in a week. I helped Phil_may on his truck about a week before mine. Should do fine with a good selection of general hand tools and all of what you mentioned above.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
xtreme07colorado, I may be back in my old stomping grounds this summer; York, S.C. If I make and have enough time I'll look you up and see if we can hit a car or truck show.

Didn't mean to high jack the thread. :oops:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so did you have to put new shocks in?

also,i just picked up the parts and there are NO instructions... did you get instructions? like with torque specs or anything?

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
You can check for torque specs on the front coil/shock assembly, but I used my mechanically calibrated elbow. The rear blocks did give torque specs, I think 80 ft lbs ( I could be wrong on that because it is a lot, please check your instructions for the rear blocks) I used my stock shocks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts