Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search on bed tie downs, found a couple, they have links to tie downs for Silverado's but not the twins, except one guy posted a set from Dee-Zee

What have people bought? I did find OEM tie downs 4 for 90 bucks. did not want to spend that much

On Amazon several people have bought the Silverado ones for their Colorado's and stated they did not fit the body contoures, which I concur.

hee is the OEM part number for the twins General Motors (23143241) Bed Tie Down Rings

do not want the Bull Rings

Also I want an eye bolt for that hole right next to the tail gate, where do I get one of those?

gotta tie down my tree stands and other huntin stuff so they do not slide and bang around

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought these and the fit perfectly. I have a 17 Colorado and they fit as they should. I liked them so much that I bought a second set.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001JL42L2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

·
Registered
282 Posts
How do you install those Dee Zee models? The GM parts are a butterfly spring-loaded design so you can pass them through the hole and cinch them down like a drywall anchor.

The Dee Zee look like you need to hold a backing plate in place.

== Nevermind - found the Dee Zee site and read the manual ;)

·
Registered
11,478 Posts
I have bullrings, they work fine. The Amazon link from @coloradoatx should work fine as well.

My understanding is the stake pocket holes at the cab are the same as the FS Chevy/GMC. The stake pockets at the rear by the tailgate are actually designed as handholds and no one has designed a custom fit for these.

·
Registered
9,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I read some reviews on the bull rings and people said they rattle....CaryBosse, is this true? (since you have them)

·
Registered
11,478 Posts
I read some reviews on the bull rings and people said they rattle....CaryBosse, is this true? (since you have them)
Well, I have never heard them rattle, but then the marbles in my head are pretty loud.

My bullrings are pretty snug, I can't pull them out easily. I have this style of rings:

If rattles are a real concern, go with something like these:

·
Registered
915 Posts
I have eight of the standard option rings. I don't understand what hole you mean near the tailgate. There is a hole for a ring on each side near the top of the tailgate.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I have 5 Bull Rings .

Haven't heard any rattling but I do have a shell

I couldnt imagine you'd hear if they did rattle ?? ??

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I have 8 Bullrings installed and no rattle at all.

·
Registered
676 Posts
My bull rings do not rattle. I just got a set of the EOM ones used off of craigslist with the dividers and bars. It was a full set of 9 but I plan on keeping at least 4 bullrings installed because I like that they recess back into the bedside. The OEM ones do not retract.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.