Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently researching ideas for truck bed storage that wouldnt be to in the way and came upon saddle bags that attach to the sides. Then it struck me. I have a set of bags for my sport bike that I rarely use so this is what I came up with. Just held in place by nyodene magnets.

Attachments

·
Registered
281 Posts
looks pretty good, kinda like a homemade swing case...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What are you carrying in there?
Heres me diy storage...

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Ammo boxes. That works. I have jumper cables, tie down straps and chock blocks in one and a heavy tow strap in the other.
looks pretty good, kinda like a homemade swing case...
Being held in with magnets there easy to remove if needed. Do you have pictures of your home made swing case? I looked at them to when I was researching.

·
Registered
281 Posts
oh i dont have any home made ones....im saying thats what those kinda look like....they are close to the swing case...

·
Registered
401 Posts

500# dynamic roof rack rating (Rhino rack or similar coming soon)
100# in each tool box
The bed is still fully usable AND stays dry and doesn't load up with a cubic yard of snow.
Tool boxes are keyed to the ignition, and the hatch works with the central locking.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I've had the swingouts, totes, even milk crates. I have a drawer system now and it is the best solution I have used. You can store a LOT of gear in the two drawers. I still have a few Plano totes, Yeti cooler and water jugs when needed.

·
Registered
2016 Laser Blue 4x4 Extended Cab 3.6 LFX V-6 with Flux Capacitor Upgrade
666 Posts
I was recently researching ideas for truck bed storage that wouldnt be to in the way and came upon saddle bags that attach to the sides. Then it struck me. I have a set of bags for my sport bike that I rarely use so this is what I came up with. Just held in place by nyodene magnets.
I like the magnet idea especially!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts