Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having my bed sprayed the plastic hole plugs are not staying in place on the inside of the bed.
Has anyone else seen this and how did you secure them short of glueing them in.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thinking maybe you're not getting them in all the way? They're going to be tighter then heck with the extra material sprayed on the bed-had to move mine around to different holes to get them all to go back in.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
The factory spray in bedliner is thinner, may adjust for the areas of the plugs, etc. However, there is a thread somewhere that talks about two different part numbers for the plugs, one without spray in bedliner, one with the spray in bedliner. I couldn't find it quickly. This thread discusses a modification to the plugs to allow them to fit.

http://coloradofans.com/forums/114-...c-canyon-forum/262969-bed-liner-question.html

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
I do not have the numbers but the factory liner does have two different plugs according to the dealer.

Now due to the different thickness of different coatings it may or may not solve the issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.