Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Colorado ZR2 Bison CCSB 3.6L
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally back to caring about my truck after a pretty crazy summer/fall. Looking for some MOLLE panels to mount shovel/axe/my RTT ladder. Not a whole lot out there, seems like the only one is this Datin but I can't find a whole lot of info other than this old thread. I've got a Leitner ACS but it seems like it should work (I shot them an email to confirm). Any other options/ideas?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For $129 a panel, I’d tell em to pound sand. I’ll CNC/Fab one for you for a third of that
It doesn't seem ENTIRELY out of line considering what Victory 4x4 is charging (granted that's a bigger panel for a different truck). I def don't have the time or know-how to do it myself and I def couldn't powder coat it myself.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Reactions: DoctorDiesel

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Finally back to caring about my truck after a pretty crazy summer/fall. Looking for some MOLLE panels to mount shovel/axe/my RTT ladder. Not a whole lot out there, seems like the only one is this Datin but I can't find a whole lot of info other than this old thread. I've got a Leitner ACS but it seems like it should work (I shot them an email to confirm). Any other options/ideas?
I've had the Datin molle panels for almost 2 yrs. Is your question if they will work with the Leitner ACS, that I don't know, don't recall where the mount for the Leitner goes exactly. But if you want pics or have questions I may be able to provide some feedback. LMK

·
Registered
2018 Colorado CCLB Z71 in Silver Ice Metallic
502 Posts
For $129 a panel, I’d tell em to pound sand. I’ll CNC/Fab one for you for a third of that
Has no one taken you up on this yet? I'd pay $60 each

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Reactions: HotHead

·
Premium Member
2,346 Posts
They do look slick, although I'd probably just put some $8 Quick Fists in and call it a day. I can buy quite a bit of them for $130...

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
They do look slick, although I'd probably just put some $8 Quick Fists in and call it a day. I can buy quite a bit of them for $130...
This. I used nutserts and quick fists for ax and shovel.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This. I used nutserts and quick fists for ax and shovel.
Either of you got a pic?

This might be the way to go, at least at first. I've currently got the shovel on my Leitner rack universal mount plate but I don't love the location.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looking at the bed of the truck, I wonder if there is an easy way to mount a quick fist on the precut (but covered) holes (I think they're for more tiedowns but don't know for sure). It looks like that's how the Datin mounts, but they use a custom make mount.

·
Registered
2004 Colorado Ext Cab Z71 2021 Canyon AT4
387 Posts
I am also interested in molle bed panels but have a RetraxOne XR tonneau cover so adds some issues in fitting. I have looked at the https://valhallaoffroad.com/maps/gmmidsizemapssb and spoken to them and they say with some tweaks it can work with the Retrax. I've also seen on IG that people have made own simple panels using unistrut channel
Did you ever go down this route? I too have a RetraxOne XR and would be interested to see the work around.

I plan to pick up their panels for the dash/center console, tho I’m worried the passenger side one might give me some fitment issues with my DIY aux power plugs.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Did you ever go down this route? I too have a RetraxOne XR and would be interested to see the work around.
This is what valhallaoffroad.com said when I inquired about compatibility with a Retrax. I sent them a pic of my truck bed and they marked up the picture indicating what would need moving.

"We’ve had several customers successfully install the MAPS panel with the Retrax cover. It will require you making a few deviations from the Retrax standard installation. You will need to move bracket “A” to the left or right to align with one of the two openings in the panel. For bracket “A” this may require removing one of the little white posts on the Retrax rail to make room for the bracket. Bracket “B” just needs to slide to the front of the bed so it aligns with the cutout in the MAPS panel. Additionally, the foot on each Retrax bracket currently pushes against the bed of the truck. From what I have seen most of our customers have simply removed that foot. However, it would be ideal if it aligned with one of the holes in the panel and continued to push on the bed of the truck, but if it doesn’t you should be fine with it pushing on the MAPS panel itself. If you end up with the foot pushing on the MAPS panel you will probably need to buy a shorter bolt for the foot. Please let us know if you have any other questions. We will be hear to help you trouble shoot any challenges you may encounter."

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Grille Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

I did email datinfab about their panel and the Retrax and no modification should be needed and looking at others install pics I think that's correct. I'll probably go with the datinfab molle bed panel.

I am also looking at the console panels, but can't decide between the datinfab and valhallaoffroad ones. I am leaning towards the valhallaoffroad due to it being larger and folds over towards the center which would a great place for a radio mic holder.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is what valhallaoffroad.com said when I inquired about compatibility with a Retrax. I sent them a pic of my truck bed and they marked up the picture indicating what would need moving.

"We’ve had several customers successfully install the MAPS panel with the Retrax cover. It will require you making a few deviations from the Retrax standard installation. You will need to move bracket “A” to the left or right to align with one of the two openings in the panel. For bracket “A” this may require removing one of the little white posts on the Retrax rail to make room for the bracket. Bracket “B” just needs to slide to the front of the bed so it aligns with the cutout in the MAPS panel. Additionally, the foot on each Retrax bracket currently pushes against the bed of the truck. From what I have seen most of our customers have simply removed that foot. However, it would be ideal if it aligned with one of the holes in the panel and continued to push on the bed of the truck, but if it doesn’t you should be fine with it pushing on the MAPS panel itself. If you end up with the foot pushing on the MAPS panel you will probably need to buy a shorter bolt for the foot. Please let us know if you have any other questions. We will be hear to help you trouble shoot any challenges you may encounter."

View attachment 418570

View attachment 418571

I did email datinfab about their panel and the Retrax and no modification should be needed and looking at others install pics I think that's correct. I'll probably go with the datinfab molle bed panel.

I am also looking at the console panels, but can't decide between the datinfab and valhallaoffroad ones. I am leaning towards the valhallaoffroad due to it being larger and folds over towards the center which would a great place for a radio mic holder.
I really like the way the VOOR panel looks so I emailed them to see if they thought it'd work with my Leitner rack (although it kind of looks like it will not). Also the GM mount points are not cheap either (100 bucks for 4) so it makes the whole thing pretty pricey. I do prefer the VOOR console panel, and will prob grab one when in stock again.

I looked at just mounting quick fists on the GM mount points, but, again, at 100 bucks for 4, the Datin Fab panel makes a lot more sense.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Speaking of the devil, they just got back to me (I was starting to give up hope):

"If I recall correctly, it can be made to work, but you have to trim the Leitner clamps or the maps panel to make them work together."

1 - 20 of 31 Posts