Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
61 - 80 of 91 Posts

· Registered
558 Posts
The reasons I bought the Retrax ProMX.

"The RetraxPRO MX not only provides rugged protection for your truck bed it also provides a patented low-profile design that enhances the appearance of your truck. The compact storage container features a unique spiral track system that prevents the cover from coming into contact with itself as it opens and closes. The operation of this cover allows it to always stay flush to the rails and creates a dependable seal to help keep the elements out and protect your cargo.

The RetraxPRO MX has a sealed ball-bearing roller system that glides effortlessly along the rail with a convenient handle that eliminates the need for pull straps, Velcro, snaps or springs. The RetraxPRO MX is key lockable in any position that gives you unlimited flexibility in your hauling capacity."

It's lived up to everything they claimed.
The lifetime warranty makes the price sting a little less.
Oh, I haven't had the need to put a lot of weight on the Retrax cover. But, it seems substantial enough to handle a good amount.
How much snow it’ll hold is my concern. Their description says it’ll hold 500# distributed, but it doesn’t say what size bed they base that on. For these short beds, that works out to ~2.3oz/sq” (substantially less for larger beds). That’s a pretty thin layer of snow.

· Registered
2021 Z71 Off Road 4x4 Duramax 2.8L
316 Posts
Could not tell you about how much snow the cover could hold. While Northern AZ does get snow, I live in the Phoenix area. The closest we come to frozen water falling from the sky is hail.

· Registered
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 3.6L 4x4 CCSB
69 Posts
I look at a bed liner the same way as 4 wheel drive. Whether you use it or not, you will more or less get your money back out of it when you sell. If you don't ever plan to sell, maybe you're good with a bed mat/carpet instead? Your call.

· Registered
100 Posts
I hate to admit it, but I am one of those truck guys who seldom carries anything in the bed of the truck. I typically have a soft tonneau installed, but when I order my next truck [probably a 2023 Colorado], I’m wondering whether I should pay for a bed liner when the bed never sees the light of day. What am I missing here? I own a truck because it’s the most efficient and cost-friendly way to tow my boat. It’s nice to be able to haul a lawn mower once in a while, or a chair when my daughter buys one at a garage sale, but realistically my “hauling” could be done with either of our other two vehicles. Bed liner or no?
I agree with @snowwy66 ; It's always good to have some protection for the bed;

My Z71 did not come with a bed-liner either, so, I ordered a WeatherTech TechLiner Truck bed Mat & WeatherTech Techliner Tailgate protector for about $260.00 which is supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Not a full-bedliner running up the sides of the bed, but, at least it offers what I would consider to be, adequate protection.

I'll post some before & after pics, after I install them.

· Super Moderator
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
6,228 Posts

My Z71 did not come with a bed-liner either, so, I ordered a WeatherTech TechLiner Truck bed Mat & WeatherTech Techliner Tailgate protector for about $260.00 which is supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Not a full-bedliner running up the sides of the bed, but, at least it offers what I would consider to be, adequate protection.

I'll post some before & after pics, after I install it.
Any protection is better then no protection at all

Reactions: Gray Fox 19

· Registered
2022 z71 3.6 CCLB
1,397 Posts
Po

I'll post some before & after pics, after I install it.
How bout a link please.

Mine didn't come with it either but I had it included in the loan.

My problem is getting the truck there and picking it up since they're not open on Saturdays.

· Registered
100 Posts

· Registered
2021 GMC Canyon 3.6L V6 crew cab, short bed
222 Posts

· Registered
100 Posts
That's the bed liner I have. I like it because its made exact for your make, model, and year, and has raised edges to contain liquids, dirt, dust, and mud that can easily be blown out with a leafy blower. I have a Bed Rug underneath it for impact protection and hard tri folding tonneau cover above
Awesome @FireNative2 ; Thanks for the feedback.

· Registered
2022 GMC Canyon Ext. Cab 4x4 Summit White
46 Posts
I have the bed liner with integrated pockets. Best purchase Ive ever made. I too have the bed covered and still knew in the back of my mind that I needed to protect it. Heck i even went as far and bought XL yoga mat to place in the middle of the bed.

· Registered
13,287 Posts
I have the bed liner with integrated pockets. Best purchase Ive ever made. I too have the bed covered and still knew in the back of my mind that I needed to protect it. Heck i even went as far and bought XL yoga mat to place in the middle of the bed.
Are these integrated pockets the ones to support the lumber for stacking a load, or something else. One description I read for a GM bedliner seemed to suggest it had some sort of storage compartments built into it.

· Registered
2022 GMC Canyon Ext. Cab 4x4 Summit White
46 Posts
Are these integrated pockets the ones to support the lumber for stacking a load, or something else. One description I read for a GM bedliner seemed to suggest it had some sort of storage compartments built into it.
Storage compartments with an elastic mesh that holds stuff in. Ie. brake clean, soap, rags, all little things can go in there.

· Registered
13,287 Posts

· Registered
13,287 Posts
Thats why I did it... When trying to buy couldn't find any info on it until my buddies 1500 had it installed on his truck. GM needs to step up their game when selling a $400-$500 part...
The yoga mat is an interesting take. I often roll my tonneau cover up and would be afraid the yoga mat would fly out.

I just added a rubber mat - it seems pretty stable and not prone to lifting up and fly out. I think, even with a spray-in bed liner that I prefer, I would still opt for the rubber bed mat on my truck.

I told myself I would wait till the bed was scratched up a bit to do the spray in bed liner, but after 2 years, the bed mat seems to be all I need.

· Registered
2021 GMC Canyon 3.6L V6 crew cab, short bed
222 Posts
If you have the money
1) first spray in bed liner
2) then Beg Rug
3) then bed ling with raised edges
4) then tonneau cover

Then you are 1000% covered for impact, containing spills, and dirt, and from the weather, ok not 100% from the weather but should stop most of the rain.

· Registered
100 Posts
If you have the money
1) first spray in bed liner
2) then Beg Rug
3) then bed ling with raised edges
4) then tonneau cover

Then you are 1000% covered for impact, containing spills, and dirt, and from the weather, ok not 100% from the weather but should stop most of the rain.
My end game is to get a nice CAP.

I had a soft Tonneau cover on my last truck, it was nice.

But, I think on this truck, a nice CAP is in my not too distant future.

61 - 80 of 91 Posts