Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The engineers at BDS are working on a 6" lift for the 2015 Colorado Z71. They are aiming to show the prototype at SEMA this year.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Nice. I'll be a buyer for whatever lift I need to fit 31-32" tires. Can't wait to start seeing product.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SEMA kicks off November 4th I believe.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Nice. I'll be a buyer for whatever lift I need to fit 31-32" tires. Can't wait to start seeing product.
I'd imagine a 2-2.5" leveling kit would do the trick for 32s.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ohhh yes...Finally some cool stuff for these is starting to come out!
It's probably a ways away from being for sale, but if they have a prototype ready for SEMA, they are making good progress.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The stock ride height is going to suit the majority of buyers quite well.

However, there are many enthusiasts who will want to lift or lower the truck, for various reasons. This work by BDS is good indication that we may see a variety of after market options for changing the ride height of this new truck.

·
Banned
338 Posts
The stock ride height is going to suit the majority of buyers quite well.

However, there are many enthusiasts who will want to lift or lower the truck, for various reasons. This work by BDS is good indication that we may see a variety of after market options for changing the ride height of this new truck.
If you had a real need to use a Colorado as an off road 4WD, the ground clearance is not all that great. Assist steps would be an easier solution than lowering the truck for the stubby folks.

·
Registered
379 Posts
No I know, coming out as in starting to develop for aftermarket. I'm hoping we see a lot of cool stuff with these trucks at SEMA. Hope they had enough time and could get their hands on them however.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I want to know if the offset of the OEM SLT wheels will allow a small lift and a more aggresive tire to clear and will it look right. I think those wheels are great looking and I'd hate to have to get rid of them.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The stock tires on the Z71 are pretty dang close to 31" tires.

31X10.5R15 Mickey Thompson Baja STZ tires, which seem to be the newer replacement for the Baja ATZ Plus tires that I have on my ZR2, have an overall diameter of 30.2".

I'm not sure if these Goodyear Wrangler AT Adventure tires are the exact ones on the Z71, but they are the only 255/65R17 Goodyear tires on 4 Wheel Parts. They have an overall diameter of 30.1".

Attachments

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I really don't want to increase tire diameter much as it hurts mpg too much. I want a more aggresive stance with wider and slightly taller tires. Probably about a 3-4" lift up front with a 1" lift in the rear would about do it.

Also, with a longbed, they just look more proportional like that.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Wider tires will hurt your mpg more. More contact patch = more rolling resistance. Lifting it will also reduce mpg by creating more gap under the car
Marginally taller tires will increase mpg by changing your gearing for lower rpm at cruising speed

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Let's face it, larger tires and lifts are just awful for mpg. But they look so sharp!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts