Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My build was completed in thanks to others on this forum. So thank you. Most notably, G2Skier, Busta, MadCrate, and the 589 fab crew.

2017 Black CCSB V6. Bose and Nav

Black bow ties installed by dealer after purchase as part of deal.

1) Debadged
2) 20% 3M tint all around, 70% 3M windshield
3) Hikari LED Low
4) K&N Airfilter
5) Bakflip Fibermax Tonneau Cover
6) Spare tire relocated to bed with wratchet straps
7) 589 Fab shock skids
8) RC 1" level and Belltech bumpstops
9) 275/70/17 KO2s (front wheel well trimmed)
10) heated/ventilated and massage seat cover from eBay (importance explained below).

I much prefer the more "solid feel" the truck now has with this set up. Ground clearance is 9.25" at the bottom of 589 skid.

All in all, I'm in love. I had a black 09' H3 for 6 years that was my daily that I miss dearly. Traded in for a 16' AMG G63 that has since been traded in for something else. This ZR2 will now serve in the roll of my G63. Comfortable daily, fits in tight parking garages, and has the offroad prowess and utility to hold all my gear and get me off road when I go shooting. Honestly, with the heated/cooled/massage seat cover, it has all the emenities of my G63 and then some. In fact, it rides smoother, less wind noise, at least a generation or two more advanced audio/Nav/interface and just as comfy with the ventilated seats (Texas summers can suck)!

Again, thank you all, this place is awesome!

Attachments

·
Registered
634 Posts
What brand/model is the seat cover?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gideon 3D Cooling cushion. This particular one has been in use for 5 months of daily use with flawless performance (pulled it out of my wife's car). Works and looks great. I think it was about 60$. Picked this one because it had the best ratings/reviews on amazon.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Good looking truck. I just debadged my tail gate yesterday. I'm gathering parts to install a Rhino rack, I think I will move the spare tire up top and try out one of those bed tents on the market.

One of the main reasons I bought the ZR was to get into remote areas for shooting long range and class 3. With the current political climate I have to be careful shooting the class 3 stuff, people freak out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.