Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read as many posts as I can find about the door locks and drivers power window not working and ways to fix it - nothing has worked. I replaced the window motor in my '05 Colorado but I can't even try it out to see if it's fixed because of this terrible BCM thing that has been in effect for about 4 days.

Any ways to reset the BCM other than messing with the battery cables that I have already tried would be very helpful.

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
If we had other methods for fixing it - we'd most likely have posted them in the threads you found. Sorry but we don't.

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
Yeah - until somebody can get the dealership to figure it out and then tell us - we're stuck with the things we've got so far I think.

·
Registered
23 Posts
dude my truck locks all by it self and keeps doing it and some times it wont work at all like unlock or lock and my window wont go down. So i asked some people and they told me it is the bcm. You have to get a new one or a used one and have it reprogramed SP?. SO other then that i could not tell u but when mine stop working i unpulg that battery for a while.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I just had a thought, I have heard of people getting a 9v battery and connecting it to a cig lighter/ accsessory plug and plugging it in, and it puts enough juice to keep everything going.

Because all the problems seem to develop when you diconnect the battery and this way there is still some power it wont mess with the BCM and might not have to reset.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
The problem also starts when you disconnect the switch from the harness, move it, look at it the wrong way. I've tried everything to solve the problem. The only solution I found that works is wait it out. It'll eventually fix itself. Book an appointment with the dealer cause it ALWAYS works before you bring it there :D

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I just installed new speakers in my crew and tested the window so didn't hit anything and I had no problems, but I did not disconnect the battery I just turned the key on and off.

maybe it could be that I had the door opened and the battery saver shut everything off, (just a thought) and the drivers side was the last speaker I did.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What a pain in the ass! I just bought an '07 Colorado. First thing I did was have a car starter installed. Now passenger window does not work! I don't suppose there is any updated solutions for this problem? I have been trying to "Wait it out" 5 days later, still not working.........

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
WOW! :shock: I don't know if I have the balls to try that. Seems like a tricky procedure to use a kitchen knife. I'd probably touch the wrong 2 connections or screw it up somehow. Thanks for the suggestion/help though!

Hoping for something safer and less advanced. Probably have to take it in to the dealer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Come on, you can't broke anything, when the plate have not any power. Also there is a very detailed photo report on the site (see the link below). I have not technical education, but the whole process takes only 10 minutes for all. Remember the words from Samurai's law: the main thing is to make the decision and do it :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, after I had enough tinkering around. I took it to the dealer. It is still under 60 day warranty after all. Turns out it was the "Power window regulator" or so they said. Got a new one ordered and put in. Cost of $0.00 to me, just about 3 hours of my time. Everything works fine and dandy! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I got the same results just by letting the switches sit unhooked for few hours, but Colorado-in-Russia is right, if its out of the vehicle you cant "hurt" anything, all your doing is removing any residual voltages from the circuit . If you take it apart you will see what he is saying it really can only come apart one way and go back one way, its mechanically improbable that you would or anyone else would put it back wrong. Good luck !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah, I understand. But I don't think that was my problem. Had my truck not been under warranty still, I would have tried that next.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had this same problem with my door locks and drivers side power window not working. It happened when I didn't drive the truck for 2 weeks and accidentally left my ipod adapter running the whole time. When the battery was almost dead, the car started making noise (like the alarm going off, but very very quiet) at midnight. I couldn't get it to stop so the quickest way to resolve it was to disconnect the battery.

Since then I had this problem. I tried the tricks here...shorting the cables, letting it set for hours (I actually let it sit unplugged for more than 48 hours), and nothing worked. I even tried it in different combinations/orders. I finally gave up and just let it go. It's been 2 or 3 MONTHS now since I gave up, and this morning everything FINALLY just started working out of the blue. Unbelievable.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have solved the same problem three hours ago. On russian Hummer Fans forum you can see the photo of the process (????????????? ???????????? ????? - ???????? 3 - HUMMER CLUB RUSSIA - ?????????? ???? ?????????? HUMMER ??????? ? 2007 ?). In few words, you need to remove the block, unscrew 4 bolts, take off the plate and lock the contacts of 2 microschemes (from each side) and 2 capacitors by the kitchen knife. After this the module works correctly.
I wish this was in english. Took mine to the dearlership yesterday. Wants to charge $100 to diagnose problem. Boy, I wish I could get the passenger side window down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased my colorado about 2 years ago. I drove it home straight from car dealer and my door locks and power windows would not work. Took it back to dealer they checked all fuses and replaced an oversized battery terminal and it fixed the problem. I thought that was kinda stupid that lights and everything else worked fine but it caused problems with power windows and door locks.
Now today my driver side window it acting like the motor is going out. I hit the button for it to go down and it works perfect. When I stop it about half way down and try to go up with it, it wont move unless i hold the button for it to go up and then press down on the window with my other hand and it finally will go up but really slow. Anyone have any idea. Im thinking it might be the motor or maybe regulator. What do you think?

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have replaced my switch and still did not work but when we looked at the diagram we seen that there is a fuse for the power door locks and the drivers window and it was blown once we replaced it all is good except for im out the $$$$ for a new switch

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I purchased my colorado about 2 years ago. I drove it home straight from car dealer and my door locks and power windows would not work. Took it back to dealer they checked all fuses and replaced an oversized battery terminal and it fixed the problem. I thought that was kinda stupid that lights and everything else worked fine but it caused problems with power windows and door locks.
Now today my driver side window it acting like the motor is going out. I hit the button for it to go down and it works perfect. When I stop it about half way down and try to go up with it, it wont move unless i hold the button for it to go up and then press down on the window with my other hand and it finally will go up but really slow. Anyone have any idea. Im thinking it might be the motor or maybe regulator. What do you think?
most window regualtors come with a new motor as well so that would be the way to go but yeah sounds like a sticky motor. the window could also be coming off the regulator track.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts