Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone eles watching? Looks like Charley Hartley leading first day weigh in. Blogs reports Icconelli in the lead, but watched day one coverage this morning and that was wrong. Day two coverage tonight on ESPN
Go KVD!!!

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Day two leader is Alton Jones, Charlie Hartley 2nd and KVD 3rd.
Day 3 and final weigh in Sunday 9pm central ESPN2.
Bass fishing ROCKS!!!

·
Registered
263 Posts
What dried up lake are they on. THat water is low.
Is that normal for the area?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was Lake Hartwell in South Carolina. The water level was down around 10 -12 feet. Was 16 foot down but recent rains had raised it several feet.

Congradulations out to---- Alton Jones , Winner of the 2008 Bassmasters Classic.
Pace was second with KVD 3rd.
Surprised there are not more bass fisherman out there responding, especially with such a good truck for hauling smaller bassboats!!!

Come on spring.... got a new worm rod....new baits..... man I can't wait for the water to start warming!

·
Registered
251 Posts
...why wait....ive gone fishing a few times this winter...not for bass,but fishing is fishing in my book....caught some trout and salmon...i fish the lower niagara river, or one of many creeks that flow into lake ontario...i agree,theres nothing like bass fishing...come april,the crappie fishing in my area is awesome too....bass season isnt legal here until june,but i catch and release so i start fishing for bass late april,early may....sorry,missed the bassmaster this year....

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea,Ive gone several times this winter also, but to a power plant lake, warm water, catching hybrid bass(cross between white bass and striped bass) got to be 20" to keep. We got 2 keepers first trip and caught a bunch of 18-19" second trip but had to leave due to lightning.
Spring fishing is almost here, c'mon 50 degree water!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts