Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering about the compatibility between a bakflip mx4 and a truck tent w/o an interior liner. I currently own neither, as my Z71 w/ 6'2" box is on order.

-- Can the mx4 be fixed in the vertical position w/o leaning against the cab (so the tent can go over it)?
-- How difficult is it the remove the mx4, slide it under the truck, and re-attach the mx4? This would be the preferred option.

·
Site Sponsor
411 Posts
The MX4 won't sit in the vertical position out of the box. You'd have to create your own method of getting it to stay there. It does remove easily enough, however, if you want to go that route. Once it's folded forward you just have two star nuts (designed to be undone by hand) to undo and the cover will lift off. So that's an option if you don't mind taking it off.

·
Registered
42 Posts
well my BakFlip MX4 does have side rods to lock in full open position. It does not have to lean all the way to the cab if you are stationary. I will takes some pictures tomorrow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, after looking at it further, I should be able to just lean it toward the tailgate a little bit. Add a bungee from rod holder bracket to a rail clamp once the rod is in place.

And taking it on and off looks easy enough.

Thanks for the responses.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts