Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello

I have this BAK Revolver x2 truck bed cover that was already installer when I purchased my 2015 Z71. The leather/vinyl has started pulling up and at first I was able to glue it down but its shrank a bit and between that and the adhesive not surving the FL sun, its just not working. The piece isn’t in great shape either so I am looking at some options but wanted to see if anyone had some other ideas?

option 1. Buy new vinyl and try and replace it myself. I have found other posts but it seems the adhesive and what best to use its debateable.

option 2. Check for someone locally to repair it, but this seems costly, it may be cheaper to buy a cheapo amazon for 150-200 bucks.

option 3. I was theorizing if it migjt work to powder coat the aluminum cover or even paint it instead. It seems to be a lot of pieces that interlock so powder coating may be way too expensive. Obviously this wouldnt be waterproof but I am not too concerned about that as much as I am about having a bed that I can lock/protect.

Would be helpful to have someone elses opinion please and thanks!

·
Registered
2019 Canyon Denali 4x4
84 Posts
Contact support at BAK they may warranty it or have another solution like a roll of replacement vinyl. They may sell a replacement cover as well - not sure of the cost. My cover had the vinyl pulling away and was just out of warranty but they gave me some grace and replaced the cover. I was about to extend the gasket by adding a rubber strip the was under the gasket but over the edge of the vinyl that was pulling away from the edge.

I don't think the powder coat would work with the flexible nature of the rolling cover.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Contact support at BAK they may warranty it or have another solution like a roll of replacement vinyl. They may sell a replacement cover as well - not sure of the cost. My cover had the vinyl pulling away and was just out of warranty but they gave me some grace and replaced the cover. I was about to extend the gasket by adding a rubber strip the was under the gasket but over the edge of the vinyl that was pulling away from the edge. I don't think the powder coat would work with the flexible nature of the rolling cover.
There are no replacement vinyls per their email, they did ask for my info for warranty but I didnt purchase the cover, it came with the truck which i purchased used. good thought, just beat you to it!

·
Registered
2019 Canyon Denali 4x4
84 Posts
There are no replacement vinyls per their email, they did ask for my info for warranty but I didnt purchase the cover, it came with the truck which i purchased used. good thought, just beat you to it!
They sent me the entire top assembly (without the mounting) but it was a warranty replacement, it did come in a box that sort of insinuated that it was a part that could be bought.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts