Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ColoradoFans.com Site Sponsors
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we are about 95% done with @goleee33 Colorado.

Front Suspension is pretty much dialed. We will be installing his rear set up very soon!

Here are some studio shots that we took yesterday.

Truck looks awesome!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Auto part Vehicle Car Suspension Suspension part

Auto part Suspension part Suspension Vehicle Car

·
ColoradoFans.com Site Sponsors
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the long travel setup, right? The addition of UCAs, uniball, and coilovers should result in a mid-travel setup, correct?
Correct!

For our F150 and Silverado, we have a Mid Travel, Long Travel Prerunner ( which is this kit ) and then we have a Long Travel Race kit.

JT

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Reactions: Michael Probst

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Why in this setup did you guys go to the outer shock mount on the LCA instead of the inner? What's the difference in each mount?

Not quite sure what you mean but there is not room to fit two shocks with the stock pivot points on the UCA. It would require cutting everything off the frame and remounting shock hoops and pivot points. Which is what is generally done on race kits.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What I meant was with the coilover.. in the first set up they had it mounted to the inner most mount on the LCA.. now they have it on the second slot which is the outer most position.. just wondering the reasoning between going from that inner position coiler lower mount and the outer. It doesn't look to be a different coilover.. so I'm just wondering why the two options and why they changed.

·
Vendor
415 Posts
My understanding: the inner mount allows you to use coilovers designed for the stock set up so you don't have to upgrade the whole set up immediately. I.e. If you already have coilovers you can use them, but you won't get the full benefit of the long travel set up. Once you get longer coilovers, you mount them on the outer mount and you get to take full advantage of the LT set up.

Reactions: goleee33

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
What I meant was with the coilover.. in the first set up they had it mounted to the inner most mount on the LCA.. now they have it on the second slot which is the outer most position.. just wondering the reasoning between going from that inner position coiler lower mount and the outer. It doesn't look to be a different coilover.. so I'm just wondering why the two options and why they changed.

Ah I understand now. They are different coilovers actually. Just a bit longer than the OE Spec ones. This allows it to mount to the second tab. This puts it in line with the Bypass as well as increase stability by reducing leverage on the shock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.