Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
2019 Z71 Diesel
I believe using the rear view cam in conjunction with the parking assist feature is why you need a good camera view. You can't see past the side views of the mirrors along the tailgate. Even the rear view mirror is limited. This is where the rear camera comes into play.
It's even a helpful tool when you parallel park. 馃槻 That would be another argument saved for another day.

Registered
2019 Z71 Diesel
Try using the mirrors...
The back up cam assists you with the blind spots mirrors can't see. Back up cams are a potential life saving feature. Seems we forgot about all the unfortunate times someone ran over kids while back up or in. Mirrors, back up cams and parking sensors used together can save a life. They are now mandatory on all vehicles. It's not an option anymore for a reason just like TPMS.

Registered
2019 Z71 Diesel
I have to believe GM changed either the camera or the camera lens as my son used to have a 2015 Cruze that had a very clear image night or day. I have a 2017 Canyon with the same poor picture quality as many here are describing that makes the backup camera useless at night. I have not seen a TSB on how GM is fixing this, but would assume replacing the camera with an OEM one wouldn鈥檛 help. Maybe there is an aftermarket market camera that is better quality?
I have a 2018 cruze and a 2019 Colorado. The cruze has a better cam view and it is a SD cam. The Colorado has a HD cam and a darker view. I replaced the reverse lights with LED. Not much better. So I added a LED license plate light in addition and now my view is better than the Cruze and brighter. GM knows the issues but probably won't address it because it's not getting enough attention. To add another issue to my Colorado the lens builds up moisture inside of it in certain weather conditions. This problem is well documented and it is so bad that Honda is replacing lenses on all their vehicles due to customer complaints.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.