Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,476 Posts
I wonder if a set of Canyon taillights would fix the problem. Granted, mine was a 2015 but was lit up nicely.

I see @rotaryenginepete had same idea I had. Just types faster.

Reactions: rotaryenginepete

·
Registered
11,476 Posts
If the mirrors are not useful backing up, then it is a lighting issue as opposed to a camera issue.

·
Registered
11,476 Posts
With an IR capable camera you wouldn't even need the lights--although they would still signal other drivers what you're about to do.
I know my Silverado HD camera is much better than my Canyon was, and the rear view camera I installed on my travel trailer has IR capabilties - it is pretty good even after dark.

I found my Canyon lights to be pretty good, both headlight and backup lights. Not sure if anything has changed with them since 2015. Headlights on my Canyon were probably better than my Silverado, but some of that might have been the fog lights on the Canyon, Silverado does not have fog lights.

·
Registered
11,476 Posts
Rear view camera requirements were so people would quit backing over their kids.

GM's rear seat alert is because people can't remember they sired children.

·
Registered
11,476 Posts
Read a post I believe on this forum that if you ride a motorcycle you have to always feel like everyone else out there in a vehicle is out to kill you. That’s not being paranoid that’s saying you have to be exceptionally alert.
A guy I knew from Brazil told the story about a radio contest they had in Manaus, Brazil. Radio station got in trouble. I guess it was for registered motorcycle riders, the first one to get killed riding his bike would have his funeral fully paid for.

Last time I heard about this guy I knew, he was recovering from injuries from a motorcycle accident.

The problem with all of these safety devices, they are great, they should improve safety. But people rely on them and allow themselves to be distracted.

I feel like with my backup camera, I am slower than before. I still do all of the mirror checks, etc. that I always did, but now I have to also look at the camera. I love the camera, it helps out in tight spots, makes parallel parking, especially when I had my Canyon, so much easier. But it is another data point for my brain to process, and my brain has a limited throughput.

Reactions: rotaryenginepete

·
Registered
11,476 Posts
@Johnnyone ,

Not sure if your idea would save lives, but maybe worth a try.

What surprises me is how the single headlight of a motorcycle can be so deceiving. I have even noticed it with a car with one headlight out. All depth perception is lost. I understand that when a person is blind in one eye, depth perception is lost, so I guess it is a similar issue.

For me, a single headlight instantly heightens my senses in regard to a motorcycle, even if it is really a one-headlight car.

·
Registered
11,476 Posts
Legal weed is not legal if you’re driving- just saying.
Is there a "no lit doobie" law to mirror the open container laws in states where it is legal?

·
Registered
11,476 Posts
The backup sensors are not required. Cameras are and are a good thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.