Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2019 zr2 crew cab. Avs aeroskin hood protector and hs2 havoc step bars. Weather tech splash guards
4 Posts
I'll grab some photos and video of it next time it happens so I can show the service department.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So what did the dealership say? I suspect they never replaced your original camera the first time. One easy way for you to check if they did or not, is to remove the license plate and look at the camera wiring harness connection. If that is the original camera it will have an identifying paint mark on it like the picture below (see the white paint mark on both sides of the harness plug). If yours does not have this mark, or they are different colors, or the lines don't match up, then it has been replaced. Let us know what you find.

View attachment 386627

·
Registered
590 Posts
I know for a fact they changed them twice ,Going to put the fourth one in .
If that camera itself has been replaced that many times it has to be some other situation thats causing your camera problem not the camera itself or is making the camera to go bad. The HD camera on the 19's is expensive and when mine was replaced because dealership screwed it up Sony (who makes it) wanted the bad one back immediately.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
If that camera itself has been replaced that many times it has to be some other situation thats causing your camera problem not the camera itself or is making the camera to go bad. The HD camera on the 19's is expensive and when mine was replaced because dealership screwed it up Sony (who makes it) wanted the bad one back immediately.
With less than 10,000 miles its GM's problem to figure this out and its very obvious its moisture because it comes and goes with temp change.Example--Parked in carport ,back out in the morning ,sun hits the tailgate -5 min later there it is -.About 5 to 10 min its gone.Pretty dam easy to figure that out-the problem is WHY.My thoughts on the reason why are where ever the cameras are coming from have a bad batch of cameras in stock ,like a run with bad seals.Also this is not a little lens replacement, it comes in the whole tailgate latch assembly

·
Registered
590 Posts
With less than 10,000 miles its GM's problem to figure this out and its very obvious its moisture because it comes and goes with temp change.Example--Parked in carport ,back out in the morning ,sun hits the tailgate -5 min later there it is -.About 5 to 10 min its gone.Pretty dam easy to figure that out-the problem is WHY.My thoughts on the reason why are where ever the cameras are coming from have a bad batch of cameras in stock ,like a run with bad seals.Also this is not a little lens replacement, it comes in the whole tailgate latch assembly
[/QUOT Mines in a carport also and never that problem. Could possibly be a bad batch. Hope they get this right soon.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
As for wanting the camera back I was told by service consultant any parts replaced had to be sent back to factory

21 - 27 of 27 Posts