Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good choice? The one with the raised bump along the length. I have one ready to install. Being the truck go's to the dealer Monday for some warranty things, thinking I may just have them do the install.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think it's a good choice. The low profile looks better (to me) than the raised shields. But, I'm holding out for the color match option in red, they have for the Silverado, but not Colorado yet. I do like the matte black finish.

Here's one install on the lot at the local dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
Cool product looks good from the Amazon customer pictures.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I am very happy with the one I installed about a year and 1/2 ago and it still looks great. The installation is easy if you have two people. Here are a couple of pictures of it on my Cajun Red truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
I am very happy with the one I installed about a year and 1/2 ago and it still looks great. The installation is easy if you have two people. Here are a couple of pictures of it on my Cajun Red truck.
@RayS
Looks good with those steps also. I know I should "know" what brand are they?

·
Registered
717 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I am so on the fence on doing something like this. Of all the ones I've seen this has the best look IMO. Does it really significantly reduce bug splatters? Or do you just spend time cleaning bugs off it instead of paint?

Gusto!

·
Registered
717 Posts
I am so on the fence on doing something like this. Of all the ones I've seen this has the best look IMO. Does it really significantly reduce bug splatters? Or do you just spend time cleaning bugs off it instead of paint?

Gusto!
I have found that it does reduce the bugs a little. The one time I did drive in a snow I could see the snow being pushed up. Also, the hood flutter was reduced, not eliminated, but reduced and I'm pretty sure that is due to the added strength. Finally, and most importantly, I have saw several rocks hit it and get deflected over top of the truck instead of into the windshield and it doesn't leave a mark on the Aeroskin. I cannot say whether it was just luck or not with them hitting the Aeroskin, but when I look at the wife's car and other trucks I tend to see a lot of paint dings right along the front of the hood - maybe there is an aerodynamic reason or it is luck, either way, I'm convinced I have a couple less chips on the hood or windshield because of it.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
This one (Aeroskin) will pretty much protect front edge of hood from chips, but bug deflection/splat is minimal. If you're looking for insect kill mark reduction, get the BugDeflector series. I have the lower profile one, which sits ~1/4 off hood w/smaller curve, and it works/looks good...smoke color vs. black.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Sadly in PA, Mudguards and bug deflectors are really a must for a daily driver. One thing I did like about Nissan is all their vehicles leave the factory with mud guards. I figure the Aeroskin will at least protect the paint. One thing I have not decided on yet is the side window deflectors. Maybe just the front?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
If that's the case (vehicle surface protection), you might want to consider a 3M clearbra for your vehicle. I have them on my Bullitt Mustang and wife's Jeep - works great for paint protection.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Like the looks. How about installation? Do they use tape or is drilling required?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It is tape on. Thanks to the pictures above, I know what to expect on my red hot. I think it looks good.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just installed mine on my '18 Z71, and I think it looks pretty good. I was getting WAY too many rock marks/chips on my windshield, so I'm really hoping this helps!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
So I was just getting ready to order one when I hit a snag. The directions state temperature must be above 60F. I won't see that until April. Also won't see any flying bugs until then either.

This gives me another three months of research. I'll keep looking for a better mouse trap (bug deflector). Why?

Gusto!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts