Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if it's generally costly to have timing work done as my miles are at 156k on my 06 colorado 4 cylinder . Or if its as cheap to throw in a lower mile motor or reman..motor

My step dad said this motor may have multiple timing chains/belts . Seems to run good but they are interference motors
So i Was looking into preventative maintenance as apose to total failure if it goes on me ...

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Wondering if it's generally costly to have timing work done as my miles are at 156k on my 06 colorado 4 cylinder . Or if its as cheap to throw in a lower mile motor or reman..motor

My step dad said this motor may have multiple timing chains/belts . Seems to run good but they are interference motors
So i Was looking into preventative maintenance as apose to total failure if it goes on me ...
Welcome sir.
You'll probably get more, and faster, responses here: https://355nation.net/
Most of the posters here are the new gen Colorado's, but a few of the 1st gen guys may pop in to answer your questions. Most have moved over to the other site.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
There are 2 chains. Oil pan has to be removed. It will be costly to have a shop do it.

Search YouTube. There is a video or two showing how to do it.

Unless you are getting a DTC related to the timing chains, I wouldn't worry about it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.