Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

AUX input?

80K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  DMV 
#1 ·
Hi,

In a new Colorado owner just go a used 2005 two days ago.

On the factory MP3 unit on the CD button it also states "AUX"

Does this unit have an AUX input on it?

Thank You for your replies. :D

#2 ·
Hey I was wondering the same thing I have the regular cd player with an AUX, didn't see any ports and I'm reluctant to take off the back to see until I get my new Headunit.

#4 ·
Take it apart and take a look. I would but my head unit is in my garage in Minneapolis MN, and im in Grand Forks ND

#10 ·
2005 Colly LS Crew 2wd i5

I've had my head unit in and out 50 times over the past couple of months trying to get my sirius/xm player to work with the PIE converter. Mostly due to not understanding the instructions, which were written by a dyslexic yak :clueless . The center console pops on and off very easily, start at the bottom and just pull it, then two side pop and lastly a top pop, just take it slow and work it out. Same in reverse although the bottom pop is easy to bend if you lose patience.

The head unit has a 24 pin connector for all the power / speakers, and a non-standard antenna co-ax so you can't just hook in with the provided FM antenna splice (of course, thanks GM). There is an unused 12 pin right next to the 24 pin on the head unit, which the stock xm or CD changer allegedly uses. You can't buy the tail from GM because it's Decepticon technology and must be kept under top secret guard behind Hoover Dam...

The PIE claims to convert stereo RCA to something the 12-pin aux can use in the head unit. You also need constant 12v for the PIE, which I have in place due to previously putting an inverter down under there.

Right now, my PIE is not working for direct wired audio although it will work using the built in FM transmitter option... which defeats the object and reduces sound quality. I need to check the constant 12V connection and the PIE unit itself looks like it was fashioned out of spit and dreams in a North Korean work camp.

I'll talk to PIE tomorrow, see what's up with the box and post back here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.