Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 3.5 5l Colorado is an automatic and when ever I am in a parking lot, sometimes at a stop sign or in reverse it tries to stall on me. this only happens at low speeds in drive or reverse, the truck idles smooth and fine in park. any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
148 Posts
My 3.5 5l Colorado is an automatic and when ever I am in a parking lot, sometimes at a stop sign or in reverse it tries to stall on me. this only happens at low speeds in drive or reverse, the truck idles smooth and fine in park. any help is much appreciated.
Might need to clean the throttle body. Gunk can build up around the valve door. When you're coasting, like when you're coming to a stop, the throttle is closed. Your truck relies on the motion of the wheels to keep the engine turning. As you actually begin to stop, the throttle opens slightly to go into idle. The gunk I mentioned before can hold the throttle shut, quietly choking out the engine.

·
Registered
10,835 Posts
I had the same problem on my 07 colly. It didn't die but it sure felt like it would. Cleaning the TB fixed it.

Reactions: ShuswapChevy

·
Registered
148 Posts
I had the same problem on my 07 colly. It didn't die but it sure felt like it would. Cleaning the TB fixed it.
Oh there was no drama what so ever when my old 07 had this issue. I'd roll to a stop at a light or something. Then press the accelerator to get going again and...nothing happened. The dash lights were still on along with the headlights and radio. No warning lights. No sputtering or lurching from the truck. Just silence from the engine...and some angry people behind me wondering why I'm not going.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Might need to clean the throttle body. Gunk can build up around the valve door. When you're coasting, like when you're coming to a stop, the throttle is closed. Your truck relies on the motion of the wheels to keep the engine turning. As you actually begin to stop, the throttle opens slightly to go into idle. The gunk I mentioned before can hold the throttle shut, quietly choking out the engine.
Thanks going to try the cleaning the TB and will be back to post if that worked, thanks everyone

1 - 5 of 5 Posts