Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For you guys who have received your diesels, can you tell if the automatic grill vents are there?

·
Premium Member
10,751 Posts
active grill shutter

I'm not here to help. Just to type in the above words to assist with searches.
I only assume you wonder if the Diesel also uses the system offered on the gas models.

I would modify the title, however I don't know if what you are asking about is different than what I am thinking of.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that's what I want to know...

active grill shutter

I'm not here to help. Just to type in the above words to assist with searches.
I only assume you wonder if the Diesel also uses the system offered on the gas models.

I would modify the title, however I don't know if what you are asking about is different than what I am thinking of.
Please do modify....

·
Registered
74 Posts
According to GM brochures these are not applicable to diesels, therefore, they only apply to gas engines.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
According to GM brochures these are not applicable to diesels, therefore, they only apply to gas engines.
That's why I went with the "Gasser"...Gotta have !Active Shutters"! :rofl

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
That's why I went with the "Gasser"...Gotta have !Active Shutters"! :rofl
How the heck do we know if, and when, they are working. I've varied my speed from 60 to 75 to see if I could hear any type of activation or difference in sound of wind. NOPE.

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
???
It's an aero package to promote mpg's. How can a brochure mention this, when you don't even have a diesel owners manual yet?

·
Registered
8,458 Posts
I would like to see said brochures myself.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
How the heck do we know if, and when, they are working. I've varied my speed from 60 to 75 to see if I could hear any type of activation or difference in sound of wind. NOPE.
It's kind of like the light in the refrigerator, its hard to prove or know that it goes out when you close the door, but you gotta have faith that it does! lol

I assume mine work as designed, but I honestly haven't seen or heard them move. I do recall some talk last winter where someone had problems with them freezing up while driving in some heavy wet snow. But for the most part there has not been much discussion about them.

·
Registered
8,458 Posts
According to the parts manual, the diesel trucks get the same active air shutters.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When I posted this question I guess I was kinda hoping someone who has the diesel would just walk out an look through the grill and see if they have these shutters....

Reactions: dmaxjr and one2doo

·
Registered
596 Posts
When I posted this question I guess I was kinda hoping someone who has the diesel would just walk out an look through the grill and see if they have these shutters....
But then think of the discussion you would miss...

OK, I looked. :grin2:

Mine does not have the shutters. The total height of the opening for the radiator is about 12" with the top 8" occupied by the inter-cooler for the turbo. The opening below the main grille is blocked off by solid plastic. So there is only about 4" of unrestricted opening.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
But then think of the discussion you would miss...

OK, I looked. :grin2:

Mine does not have the shutters. The total height of the opening for the radiator is about 12" with the top 8" occupied by the inter-cooler for the turbo. The opening below the main grille is blocked off by solid plastic. So there is only about 4" of unrestricted opening.
...and there it is. Thank you. :laugh:

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
According to the parts manual, the diesel trucks get the same active air shutters.
Not likely as they don't want to ever reduce the airflow through the intercooler.

Reactions: lqdchkn and Kbaum

·
Premium Member
10,751 Posts
We were so close then you had to go and ruin it by offering suggestions. Give it time, somebody would have eventually left the couch.

Geesh.

I don't understand your hurry. The thread has just barely gotten started and you want it to actually be answered so fast.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We were so close then you had to go and ruin it by offering suggestions. Give it time, somebody would have eventually left the couch.

Geesh.

I don't understand your hurry. The thread has just barely gotten started and you want it to actually be answered so fast.
Case in point...

·
Registered
8,458 Posts
Not likely as they don't want to ever reduce the airflow through the intercooler.
Duh! Merely pointing out what the parts listing shows. And parts manuals never have typos. :wink2:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts