Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love my GM truck except for one pet peeve. The front bumper just under the headlight is protruding more than the other. When asked the dealer about this, they said that it can't be fixed because there are only a few contact points when these trucks are built and you will see many other same trucks on the lot with similar issue. Is this something I just have to leave with? I cannot unsee this and it bothers me so much since I'm pretty obsessed about my Canyon as most of you are in this forum. Has anyone found a solution to remedy this? Do I need to consult a different dealership for second opinion?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I can't really see what you're describing, but in that general vicinity is a bracket that has a pair of press fit clips that seat inside it holding the grille, one or both of which might not be fully seated. The drivers side one was a pain to seat for me.

·
Registered
177 Posts
There are 3 bolts back there holding the top of that plastic piece in position, you need to take some of the screws holding the wheel well liner on to reach back in there, loosen those bolts and hold the plastic in position while tightening the bolts back up. Looks like the inboard side of the drivers side is just not pushed in/back far enough. Played around with this on my Colorado to get them to line up good after removing the bumper/grill.

Reactions: dave66rivi

·
Registered
383 Posts
I had the same problem when I first put my grill back on after removing to plasti dip. I had to remove the 7 screws from each front wheel well and loosen the 3 screws on each side near headlight and pull it off on both sides. I then reallignend it and retighten and put back together.

There is a thread here somewhere, the search on this site doesnt like me, the feelings are mutual lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.