Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
I just want to know how you beat the 63 other million sperm?

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
Reg Cab said:
I just want to know how you beat the 63 other million sperm?

*laughs* Same thing I was thinking.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Regardless of the sperm, the truck taking the articulation test in 2wd only was actually quite impressive. So, as far as impressiveness goes: Truck 1, Sperm 0...

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yeah, he had some articulation, but i dont see whats so special about it. I am sure everyone one this board that has taken their truck wheeling experienced the same thing. Its not that hard to get a tire off the ground.

This is a picture of me in two wheel drive. I dont see anything impressive about it.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I was more impressed how he almost got hung up on the log in the ditch...and how even though it bottomed out in the rear...it didn't get hung up...the vid looked like he almost intentionally tried getting stuck but the truck still went thru...that's what impressed me

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well the video was to prove a point to a few of my friends... i do have a locking diff... thank god EATON

trying to get stuck... i dont think so... there is no log in the ditch.... unless you are refering to the concrete wall that fell down
and it was also right after i had pulled my friends dodge outta the same hole... he tried numerous times with his rig to get through but kept unloading the diff... and givven he snaped the front axle he had no chance

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Reg Cab said:
Yeah, he had some articulation, but i dont see whats so special about it. I am sure everyone one this board that has taken their truck wheeling experienced the same thing. Its not that hard to get a tire off the ground.
Technically guys, good suspension articulation would keep all the tires on the ground, not get them off the ground. That's why articulation is good: it keeps all the tires pulling. :wink:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea but remember not all good things are great... too much articulation... can get you in a bind....
and consider this... say theres a dip.. deep as helll. with a lip at the top... would you want your atrticulation to flex down and follow the dip binding under the lip or remain solid and hit the lip like a bump
now i know my tire came off the ground but this was still NOT full articulaton... basically on a see saw the front end still had travel to go down... to mathmaticaly find full articulation of a vehicle sitting still you must know the FULL travel of the front and rear suspension... hi lift makes this easy.... are trucks... have a lot of articulation in a stock vehicle

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
You're absolutely right about the sway bar BigRed. And obviously there are some holes I wouldn't want to drop off into. I wasn't making a comparison of the articulation on our trucks versus any other vehicle. Just pointing out that lifting a tire is not a sign of good articulation. In fact it is a sure sign that the suspension has reached the practical limit of its articulation.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts