Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's an article on the Ford, GM and Ram 3.0 liter diesels. The eye-popping stat for me is the new GM will hit max torque at 1500 RPM! I don't know what that will sound like in a straight 6, but I love the sound of the baby Duramax at that RPM range.

It will be mated to a 10 speed, which I wouldn't typically prefer, but if it kept the engine at my favorite RPM range, I would put up with it! ;-)

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a27682637/chevrolet-silverado-diesel-engine-vs-ford-ram/

·
Registered
356 Posts
I traded a PW for our ZR2 diesel. This rear frame bending issue has me paranoid like a mofo. I buy trucks to be used as trucks. If it can't pull/carry what it is rated for, then shame on Chevrolet-Bigtime !!! One failed off-road with a camper less than half the rated weight, the other one on the road with rated weight or less. WTF-OVER ? To me, this is just more proof positive, that the human race is getting dumber, not smarter.

I will be seriously looking at the new Ram 1500 Rebel with the 480 lb ft torque of the new diesel, locking rear diff & air suspension if our trucks continue to have frame failures.

The USA has been making trucks for 123 years now. You would think that they could at least get the frame right ! SHAME ON YOU CHEVROLET & GM & FORD. TRUCKS SHOULD HAVE A BUILT IN SAFETY FACTOR OF AT LEAST 2X THE RATED WEIGHT CAPACITY.

DID I MAKE A MISTAKE BUYING OUR FIRST NEW CHEVROLET? I hope not, we are retired now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts