Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up this 2018 GMC Canyon All Terrain Crew Cab Short Bed Diesel over the weekend.

Current look 8/6/18:

Starting Point 3/24/18:

It will act as my daily driver and weekend off-pavement adventure vehicle.

Options:
  • Spray-in Bedliner
  • Trailering Package
  • Navigation
  • Bose Stereo
  • All-weather Floor Liners
Modifications:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
plastidipped grill badge - writeup here

considering peeling off the center to expose the factory red part of the badge. would match the red stitching on the interior

tailgate badges deleted - writeup here

plastidipped floor mat logos

I'm not sure if this will last, figured I might as well try it out

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
installed the tyger auto step rails. super easy install by myself. got the underside prepped, removed the factory plugs and cleaned the area for the retaining brackets. installed the brackets, then lifted up one end and bolted in the upper bolt. then went to the other side of the step and lifted it into place again securing with the upper bolt. then went along and installed the rest of the hardware wiggle tight, then tightened everything up after a brief glance to make sure it looked right. the wifey is super happy at how easy the truck is to get into now.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Looking good!
You have done a lot of small but tasteful modifications.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks for posting your mods. Your truck looks really good. I like that Rhino shackle. Now I know what my next truck accessory purchase will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
picked up a used set of the #1 and #2 superskidz from the classifieds section. trying to source the rear brackets for the #2 skid from supermodulation but having a bit of trouble getting ahold of him. #1 bolted on with the factory hardware.

also plastidipped the rear bumper as the white stuck out like a sore thumb to me. need to get some "after" pics as it gives the truck a meaner look overall.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got ahold of James aka supermodulation and he's sending out the brackets for the #2 skid. Haven't done much else to the truck lately, besides drive it. Got on a few dirt roads nearby, the Canyon is a different animal compared to my wife's Subaru. Diesel torque FTW!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hit something on the freeway last night, the TPMS on the gauge cluster alerted me that the passenger rear tire was going flat. luckily i was close to home so i was able to get it into the shop before it went flat. took it to the dealership and they patched it and did the truck's first oil change at ~4700 miles and 23% oil life left.

also got the brackets from supermodulation, painting them now and will install the #2 skidplate over the weekend.

·
Registered
329 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
203 Posts
installed a Ranch bed cap with slider, pop out windows, power lock. also installed the pop n lock for the tailgate and built some storage racks for costco clear bins.

Cap and truck look great!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just been driving the truck a lot. Had to take it back to the topper shop as one of the locks on the cap wasn't locking. Fixed in a few minutes by their technicians. I used Feagin Topper Sales in Garland, TX. Friendly people!

Shot a current picture over the holiday weekend.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts