Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes in late 2017 Chevy will release 2 special edition ZR2 models.

These are special trims one being a Midnight edition the other is a Dusk edition.

The will come with the midnight in black and the dusk in the other ZR color. Both will feature a 17” Trail Boss wheels, sports bar, LED lights and black bow ties.

The information is in the latest New Roads magazine.

Like the past trim packages these are developed with added profit in mind. Smart move for GM as these while simple packages have proven very profitable.

If you have a Z don’t get too crazy here as if you really want one the parts are all available to up grade it should you feel the need. It is all Bolt on stuff.

I am not sure about the LED lights if they are sports bar only or headlamps to as they are lighted in the photo. It may make a nice factory upgrade without the aftermarket issues. Just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
10,628 Posts

These are special trims one being a Midnight edition the other is a Dusk edition.

The will come with the midnight in black and the dusk in the other ZR color. Both will feature a 17” Trail Boss wheels, sports bar, LED lights and black bow ties.

Like the past trim packages these are developed with added profit in mind. Smart move for GM as these while simple packages have proven very profitable.

If you have a Z don’t get too crazy here as if you really want one the parts are all available to up grade it should you feel the need. It is all Bolt on stuff.

I am not sure about the LED lights if they are sports bar only or headlamps to as they are lighted in the photo. It may make a nice factory upgrade without the aftermarket issues. Just have to wait and see.
yeah but can I get shocks in different colors? That's all that matters to me. :grin2:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Like the past trim packages these are developed with added profit in mind. Smart move for GM as these while simple packages have proven very profitable. ...
FWIW, a dealer told me that that he had trouble selling the ZR2s he had fitted with sports bar and off road lights so he is no longer stocking them with that configuration.

Reactions: G2SKIER

·
Registered
444 Posts
Meh. All bolt ons. If you like the style, get the parts after the sale. Most "special editions" are like this though. Off-the-shelf parts added on for more than if bought on their own (even at MSRP).

I wanted an All Terrain X when I bought my Canyon but didn't want to spend the extra $4000 or whatever it was. I got the look I wanted with aftermarket parts for much less than the "special package".

·
Registered
28 Posts
FWIW, a dealer told me that that he had trouble selling the ZR2s he had fitted with sports bar and off road lights so he is no longer stocking them with that configuration.
The problem with mounting the lights on the sports bar is that the roof gets in the way of where you want it to shine.

·
Registered
244 Posts
The lights are pretty good on the sport bar.

One with lows on. Next with the bar lights and lows.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Not going to lie, I think those wheels look hideous on the ZR2. Just my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just saw on gmfamilyfirst both of these packages are $3425 for either one. Separately the sport bar, lights, and black bowties total up to about $2600. I guess they are charging you extra for the second set of trail boss wheels. You should get to keep the ZR2 wheels though, since this will be a dealer installed option.

·
Registered
680 Posts

It's all bolt in for the 16 and up trucks and you get a new switch in the dash for them. You have to have the BCM flashed by the dealer to enable the switch after it's installed. All bolts in to the '15s except the lights as the '15 BCM is not compatible with the programming. Those you simply have to set up relays and add switches like I did.

·
Registered
680 Posts
The lights are pretty good on the sport bar.

One with lows on. Next with the bar lights and lows.
Do an LED conversion to your headlights and fog lights. You will be quite happy with the results. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Regarding getting a new switch and flashing the BCM.....Where does the switch go? The ZR2s at my dealer's lot have all the locations taken and both Service and Parts didn't know where to put a Sportbar light switch.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Regarding getting a new switch and flashing the BCM.....Where does the switch go? The ZR2s at my dealer's lot have all the locations taken and both Service and Parts didn't know where to put a Sportbar light switch.
It replaces the Headlight/Fog Light switch. How does a dealership not know that?

Here's a picture of new switch:

To turn on fog lights, you press the left button. To turn on bar lights, you press the right button.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.